Re: [stlouis_santarchy] S A N T A R C H Y 2006 - Planning

    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
      Bapi, is this Dupo on the Landing?
      If we go to a port of town, we should
      at least go into one place.

      Barbara, are you serious about crashing
      that office party at the Hilton?
      That really could be fun.

      -Lohr

      --- Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@...> wrote:

      > I just want to be the chair of the getting
      > drunk/forgetting things and ending up naked in my
      > hot
      > tub committee. Is that okay with all y'all?
      >
      > We could go to Dupo and have fun, it's hard to mess
      > this one up.
      >
      > Bapi
      >
      > --- Gabriel Branch <gabriel@...> wrote:
      >
      > > The soulard bus doesn't stop at the Clark/14th
      > > transfer station, 90% of the
      > > buses that do wait there are xpress buses. This is
      > > why we have to go to the
      > > landing.* I don't want to go to any bars in the
      > > landing* (don't get me
      > > wrong) but we will be able to catch the Soulard or
      > > the Broadway bus from the
      > > Convention Center(landing) metrolink station.

      > > On 11/16/06, Lohr <stlouisburn@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > HO HO uH-Oh!
      > > >
      > > > I'm loving the responses people have been
      > > > putting out here. I think the people have
      > > > spoken, and here at the three major results
      > > > from the posts.
      > > >
      > > > 1. Keep it on a Saturday, it will be Dec, 9th.
      > > >
      > > > 2. This inclusion of Maplewood seems to be
      > > > a pretty popular idea, especially since
      > > > the Metrolink gets you there.
      > > >
      > > > 3. I believe Washington Ave, is out. The
      > > > Cabin Inn was really the best part of that
      > > > trip, since it's closed to non-patrons, it
      > > > doesn't seem worth it.
      > > >
      > > > I have been perfoming some planning voodoo,
      > > > sticking pins in a map on the wall, and here
      > > > is what I've come up with. Please get back
      > > > to me with what you thgink.
      > > >
      > > > 1. Start in Maplewood, probably the
      > > > Schlafly Bottleworks
      > > >
      > > > 2. Walk to something else close by, maybe
      > > > the grateful inn and/or boogaloo's
      > > >
      > > > (BTW, you rock Barabara, thanks
      > > > for suggesting all of this.)
      > > >
      > > > 3. Metro from there, quick stop in Clayton,
      > > > I have NO idea where.
      > > >
      > > > 4. Metrolink transfer at Forest Park back track
      > > > the U-city Loop. for cicero's and Blueberry Hill
      > > >
      > > > 5. Central West End, The pack was supposed to
      > > > catch a bus that would go from the hopital to
      > > > Maryland, but that fell apart last year. Do
      > > > that, for Llewellyn's and of course Rosies.
      > > >
      > > > 6. Metrolink to Union Station. Skip Hard Rock
      > > > and go straight throught the mall where they
      > > > hate us to the Hotel bar where they love us.
      > > >
      > > > 7. Now, we walk. It wouldn't be Santarchy
      > without
      > > > little walking, across Market St , by the
      > fountain
      > > > and go to some dive bar.
      > > >
      > > > 8. Walk to the Metro transfer station at 14th
      > > > and Clark street and get the bus to Soulard,
      > > > or the Metrolink to the Landing.
      > > >
      > > > WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK? PLEASE RESPOND

      > > > Sponsored Link
      > > >
      > > > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
      > > > $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
      > > > www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
      > > >

      > > --
      > > Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
      > > – Alexander Hamilton

      > Sponsored Link
      >
      > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
      > $510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
> [...]
      mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      Sponsored Link

      $420k for $1,399/mo.
      Find Out! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
        Hey, I've been trying to figure out this Maplewood
        thing and I'm having difficulty. I don't know
        Brentwood.

        Anyone want to go on an excursion tomorrow and
        figure this all out? I don't have a car.

        Let me know. I'm going to work, I'll check my
        mail tonight and see who is interested. Call
        or e-mail me if you are interested.

        -Lohr
        363-3691

        Sponsored Link

        Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr
        MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Assoc
        http://yahoo.degrees.info
      • J. Brad Hicks
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
          My leading requests all relate to making it less tame than 2005 was.

          * More public places that aren't bars. It's impossible to impress a St.
          Louisan by getting drunk in a bar.

          * If we are going to hit any dance clubs, it needs to be after 11pm.
          Ideally, it needs to be between midnight and 1:00 am, when there are
          actually people in the club who might be dancing.

          * At least one strip club. If I get a nomination, it'd be for the last
          stop of the night to end up at PT's Centerville. (Won't that be a
          Couples Night?) Yes, I know the buses don't run. But if we make prior
          arrangements with one of the cheaper cab companies like ABC Cab to get a
          couple of minivans, we can split cab fare 6 ways each. Cheap at twice
          the price.

          I know that St. Louisans are pathologically polite, but we could stand
          to put more "anarchy" in Santarchy.
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
            I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK BRAD!
            I've been trying to get more non-bar locations
            involved for a while, but as you described,
            St Louisians, even while doing Santarchy,
            don't want to bother anyone.

            NOTE: no destination will be scheduled that
            cannot be reached by Metro or foot.

            -Lohr

            --- "J. Brad Hicks" <brad@...> wrote:

            > My leading requests all relate to making it less
            > tame than 2005 was.
            >
            > * More public places that aren't bars. It's
            > impossible to impress a St.
            > Louisan by getting drunk in a bar.
            >
            > * If we are going to hit any dance clubs, it needs
            > to be after 11pm.
            > Ideally, it needs to be between midnight and 1:00
            > am, when there are
            > actually people in the club who might be dancing.
            >
            > * At least one strip club. If I get a nomination,
            > it'd be for the last
            > stop of the night to end up at PT's Centerville.
            > (Won't that be a
            > Couples Night?) Yes, I know the buses don't run. But
            > if we make prior
            > arrangements with one of the cheaper cab companies
            > like ABC Cab to get a
            > couple of minivans, we can split cab fare 6 ways
            > each. Cheap at twice
            > the price.
            >
            > I know that St. Louisans are pathologically polite,
            > but we could stand
            > to put more "anarchy" in Santarchy.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            > (Yahoo! ID required)

            mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            Sponsored Link

            Don't quit your job - take classes online
            www.Classesusa.com
            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006

              Tame?  Oh – I didn’t make 2005.

              there is a fine line between outrageous and obnoxious – and sometimes that’s subjective.   That’s why I prefer to go to places that love outrageous and can tolerate obnoxious.  I think you can be polite and controversial.

              Public places good – the (unplanned) stop at the 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.

              The history museum (free) is just a block or so from the forest park metro stop – and since we’re changing trains there anyway …….

              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006
                How about a shopping spree to the
                Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?

                --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

                > Tame? Oh - I didn't make 2005.
                >
                > there is a fine line between outrageous and
                > obnoxious - and sometimes that's
                > subjective. That's why I prefer to go to places
                > that love outrageous and
                > can tolerate obnoxious. I think you can be polite
                > and controversial.
                >

                > Public places good - the (unplanned) stop at the
                > 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.
                >

                > The history museum (free) is just a block or so from
                > the forest park metro
                > stop - and since we're changing trains there anyway
                >

                > _____

                <mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>
                > fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                > Sponsored Link
                >
                > Don't quit your job - take classes online
                > www.Classesusa.com

                Sponsored Link

                Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
                $310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
                www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006

                  How late are they open?

                  --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@ hotmail.com> wrote:

                  > Tame? Oh - I didn't make 2005.
                  >
                  > there is a fine line between outrageous and
                  > obnoxious - and sometimes that's
                  > subjective. That's why I prefer to go to places
                  > that love outrageous and
                  > can tolerate obnoxious. I think you can be polite
                  > and controversial.
                  >

                  > Public places good - the (unplanned) stop at the
                  > 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.
                  >

                  > The history museum (free) is just a block or so from
                  > the forest park
                  metro
                  > stop - and since we're changing trains there anyway
                  >

                  > _____
                  >
                  > From: stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com

                  w:st="on">Centerville .

                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006
                    I like the way you think.

                    Lohr wrote:
                    > How about a shopping spree to the
                    > Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?
                  • Rebecka Wyrde
                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 19, 2006
                      I like it!

                      ^..^

                      "J. Brad Hicks" <brad@...> wrote:
                      I like the way you think.

                      Lohr wrote:
                      > How about a shopping spree to the
                      > Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?

                      Sponsored Link

                      Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

                      Message 10 of 30 , Nov 19, 2006
                        Doctor John's is open until midnight on Saturday's

                        -Lohr

                      • pibandp0g
                        Message 11 of 30 , Nov 27, 2006
                          Any updates? Let me know if I can help in some way...

                          see you soon,

                          Lisa
                          Message 12 of 30 , Nov 29, 2006
                            Ho Ho, uH-Oh!

                            The Current Plan! We tried to tie in
                            Maplewood, we really did. Gabriel and I
                            drove the entire route last Friday, and
                            cheked out all the stops, walks and bus
                            rides, and decided Maplewood would be
                            just too tricky.

                            ONE CUT
                            If Cabin in the City then no Washington Ave.

                            TWO NEW ADDITIONS
                            1. The Saint Louis History Museum, lets
                            get some culture in these Santa's and
                            some Santa's in the Culture. You better
                            watch out.

                            2. We're adding Laclede's Landing for a trip
                            to "Show Me's" the closest thing to a strip
                            club within reach of the MetroLink, and
                            Doctor John's, the Adult Fun store.

                            Check out the details below.

                            University City
                            noon Bar Cicero's
                            1:15 Bar Blueberry Hill
                            1:58 Metro Delmar -> Forest Park
                            Forest Park
                            2:05 Museum St. Louis History Museum
                            2:45 Metro Forest Park -> CWE
                            Central West End
                            3:10 Bus #18 Taylor off McPherson
                            3:20 Bar Llywyn's
                            4:15 Bar Rosie's Place
                            5:10 Metro CWE -> Union Station
                            Union Station
                            5:30 Bar Union Station Lobby Bar
                            6:47 Metro Union Station -> Landing
                            Laclede's Landing
                            7:00 Shop Doctor John's
                            7:30 Bar Show Me's
                            8:50 Metro Landing -> Conv Center 6th
                            9:07 Bus Washington Ave @ 6th
                            #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                            off at Broadway & Russell
                            Soulard
                            9:30 Bar The Shanti
                            10:30 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                            11:30 Bar Molly's

                            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 30 , Nov 30, 2006
                              You better watch out  .. You better watch out!
                              You better watch out....... You better watch out.

                              This year you can be the Santa that pisses blue
                                http://cre.ations.net/creation/body-mod---turn-your-pee-blue
                              Thats right You can make your pee BLUE

                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006
                                HO HO uH-Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry,
                                you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santarchy is
                                coming to town!

                                It's time for St. Louis' own version of the
                                time-honored tradition of Santarchy. "What is
                                Santarchy?" you say? Santarchy is better experienced
                                than explains, but I'll tell you this. Saturday
                                December 10th, all those with the affinity for the
                                FrEaKy, the curiosity of the CrAzY are invited to get
                                dressed up in a Santa Suit and come join us in a day
                                of celebration of and/or protestation to the holiday
                                season.

                                Dress as your own inner Santa and join us for an all
                                day march all around St. Louis spreading holiday cheer
                                and presents. Yes, presents too. If you come across
                                the Mob of Santa's on December 10th you will most
                                likely leave with a gift. Previous gifts have included
                                candy-canes, lumps of coal, mutant toys, vegetables,
                                special prizes, and many other twisted gifts for the
                                naughty and nice little boys and girls.

                                Santa's were heard incessantly chanting, "You better
                                Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out!
                                You better Watch Out!..." as they rampaged through the
                                city.

                                The Santa mob will convene in the University City
                                Loop, traverse via the MetroLink, a quick stop at the
                                History Museum, then onto the Central West End, on
                                through Union Station, stop off at Laclede's Landing
                                continuing and concluding in Soulard. It's a long
                                day, so wear comfortable shoes. Also, feel free to
                                join us anywhere along the route. The published
                                schedule will be reasonable enforced.

                                So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL
                                Santarchy 2005.

                                StL SANTARCHY 2006

                                December 9th, 2006

                                #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                                off at Broadway & Russell
                                Soulard
                                9:30 Bar The Shanti
                                10:30 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                                11:30 Bar Molly's

                                Cheap talk?
                                http://voice.yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006

                                  DECEMBER 9TH IS SATURDAY IN 2006 (THE 10TH WAS 2005).

                                  Lohr – what color beard are you growing this year?

                                  #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                                  off at Broadway & Russell

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006

                                    #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway