S A N T A R C H Y 2006 - Planning

    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 16, 2006
      HO HO uH-Oh!

      I'm loving the responses people have been
      putting out here. I think the people have
      spoken, and here at the three major results
      from the posts.

      1. Keep it on a Saturday, it will be Dec, 9th.

      2. This inclusion of Maplewood seems to be
      a pretty popular idea, especially since
      the Metrolink gets you there.

      3. I believe Washington Ave, is out. The
      Cabin Inn was really the best part of that
      trip, since it's closed to non-patrons, it
      doesn't seem worth it.

      I have been perfoming some planning voodoo,
      sticking pins in a map on the wall, and here
      is what I've come up with. Please get back
      to me with what you thgink.

      1. Start in Maplewood, probably the
      Schlafly Bottleworks

      2. Walk to something else close by, maybe
      the grateful inn and/or boogaloo's

      (BTW, you rock Barabara, thanks
      for suggesting all of this.)

      3. Metro from there, quick stop in Clayton,
      I have NO idea where.

      4. Metrolink transfer at Forest Park back track
      the U-city Loop. for cicero's and Blueberry Hill

      5. Central West End, The pack was supposed to
      catch a bus that would go from the hopital to
      Maryland, but that fell apart last year. Do
      that, for Llewellyn's and of course Rosies.

      6. Metrolink to Union Station. Skip Hard Rock
      and go straight throught the mall where they
      hate us to the Hotel bar where they love us.

      7. Now, we walk. It wouldn't be Santarchy without
      little walking, across Market St , by the fountain
      and go to some dive bar.

      8. Walk to the Metro transfer station at 14th
      and Clark street and get the bus to Soulard,
      or the Metrolink to the Landing.

      WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK? PLEASE RESPOND

      Sponsored Link

      Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
      $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
      www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 16, 2006

        i think you're the greatest manager since Tony LaRussa - but many people think he's a mad man too.

        - love starting in maplewood - we'll catch the metro in shrewsbury.

        - rather not do the landing.  love soulard - maybe hit some different bars - not sure what the path was last year.  but we go there often, so fine if we skip it.

        during the playoffs we found Jack Patrick's at 10th & Olive - not exactly a dive, more of a neighborhood tavern.  myabe we could just wander from downtown dive to downtown dive.  what's the name of the place across from Keil on Pine? Kelly's?  good semi-dive.  throw in soemthing upscale like Kitchen K.  sooo may options.

        of course we could still all parade thru the Sister's of Mercy Holiday party at the ballpark Hilton.

        ps - bottleworks, grateful inn, boogaloo are smoke free.  maybe it will slow down our smoking.

         Babs

        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
          The soulard bus doesn't stop at the Clark/14th transfer station, 90% of the buses that do wait there are xpress buses. This is why we have to go to the landing. I don't want to go to any bars in the landing (don't get me wrong) but we will be able to catch the Soulard or the Broadway bus from the Convention Center(landing) metrolink station.

          --
          Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
          – Alexander Hamilton
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
            I just want to be the chair of the getting
            drunk/forgetting things and ending up naked in my hot
            tub committee. Is that okay with all y'all?

            We could go to Dupo and have fun, it's hard to mess
            this one up.

            Bapi

            --- Gabriel Branch <gabriel@...> wrote:

            > The soulard bus doesn't stop at the Clark/14th
            > transfer station, 90% of the
            > buses that do wait there are xpress buses. This is
            > why we have to go to the
            > landing.* I don't want to go to any bars in the
            > landing* (don't get me
            > wrong) but we will be able to catch the Soulard or
            > the Broadway bus from the
            > Convention Center(landing) metrolink station.

            > On 11/16/06, Lohr <stlouisburn@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > HO HO uH-Oh!
            > >
            > > I'm loving the responses people have been
            > > putting out here. I think the people have
            > > spoken, and here at the three major results
            > > from the posts.
            > >
            > > 1. Keep it on a Saturday, it will be Dec, 9th.
            > >
            > > 2. This inclusion of Maplewood seems to be
            > > a pretty popular idea, especially since
            > > the Metrolink gets you there.
            > >
            > > 3. I believe Washington Ave, is out. The
            > > Cabin Inn was really the best part of that
            > > trip, since it's closed to non-patrons, it
            > > doesn't seem worth it.
            > >
            > > I have been perfoming some planning voodoo,
            > > sticking pins in a map on the wall, and here
            > > is what I've come up with. Please get back
            > > to me with what you thgink.
            > >
            > > 1. Start in Maplewood, probably the
            > > Schlafly Bottleworks
            > >
            > > 2. Walk to something else close by, maybe
            > > the grateful inn and/or boogaloo's
            > >
            > > (BTW, you rock Barabara, thanks
            > > for suggesting all of this.)
            > >
            > > 3. Metro from there, quick stop in Clayton,
            > > I have NO idea where.
            > >
            > > 4. Metrolink transfer at Forest Park back track
            > > the U-city Loop. for cicero's and Blueberry Hill
            > >
            > > 5. Central West End, The pack was supposed to
            > > catch a bus that would go from the hopital to
            > > Maryland, but that fell apart last year. Do
            > > that, for Llewellyn's and of course Rosies.
            > >
            > > 6. Metrolink to Union Station. Skip Hard Rock
            > > and go straight throught the mall where they
            > > hate us to the Hotel bar where they love us.
            > >
            > > 7. Now, we walk. It wouldn't be Santarchy without
            > > little walking, across Market St , by the fountain
            > > and go to some dive bar.
            > >
            > > 8. Walk to the Metro transfer station at 14th
            > > and Clark street and get the bus to Soulard,
            > > or the Metrolink to the Landing.
            > >
            > > WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK? PLEASE RESPOND

            > > Sponsored Link
            > >
            > > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
            > > $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
            > > www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
            > >

            > --
            > Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
            > – Alexander Hamilton

            Sponsored Link

            Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
            $510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
            www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
              Bapi, is this Dupo on the Landing?
              If we go to a port of town, we should
              at least go into one place.

              Barbara, are you serious about crashing
              that office party at the Hilton?
              That really could be fun.

              -Lohr

              --- Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > > and go straight throught the mall where they
              > > > hate us to the Hotel bar where they love us.
              > > >
              > > > 7. Now, we walk. It wouldn't be Santarchy
              > without
              > > > little walking, across Market St , by the
              > fountain
              > > > and go to some dive bar.
              > > >
              > > > 8. Walk to the Metro transfer station at 14th
              > > > and Clark street and get the bus to Soulard,
              > > > or the Metrolink to the Landing.
              > > >
              > > > WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK? PLEASE RESPOND

              > > > Sponsored Link
              > > >
              > > > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
              > > > $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
              > > > www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
              > > >

              > > --
              > > Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
              > > – Alexander Hamilton

              > Sponsored Link
              >
              > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
              > $510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!

              mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              Sponsored Link

              $420k for $1,399/mo.
              Find Out! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
                Hey, I've been trying to figure out this Maplewood
                thing and I'm having difficulty. I don't know
                Brentwood.

                Anyone want to go on an excursion tomorrow and
                figure this all out? I don't have a car.

                Let me know. I'm going to work, I'll check my
                mail tonight and see who is interested. Call
                or e-mail me if you are interested.

                -Lohr
                363-3691

                Sponsored Link

                Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr
                MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Assoc
                http://yahoo.degrees.info
              • J. Brad Hicks
                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
                  My leading requests all relate to making it less tame than 2005 was.

                  * More public places that aren't bars. It's impossible to impress a St.
                  Louisan by getting drunk in a bar.

                  * If we are going to hit any dance clubs, it needs to be after 11pm.
                  Ideally, it needs to be between midnight and 1:00 am, when there are
                  actually people in the club who might be dancing.

                  * At least one strip club. If I get a nomination, it'd be for the last
                  stop of the night to end up at PT's Centerville. (Won't that be a
                  Couples Night?) Yes, I know the buses don't run. But if we make prior
                  arrangements with one of the cheaper cab companies like ABC Cab to get a
                  couple of minivans, we can split cab fare 6 ways each. Cheap at twice
                  the price.

                  I know that St. Louisans are pathologically polite, but we could stand
                  to put more "anarchy" in Santarchy.
                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
                    I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK BRAD!
                    I've been trying to get more non-bar locations
                    involved for a while, but as you described,
                    St Louisians, even while doing Santarchy,
                    don't want to bother anyone.

                    NOTE: no destination will be scheduled that
                    cannot be reached by Metro or foot.

                    -Lohr

                    --- "J. Brad Hicks" <brad@...> wrote:

                    > My leading requests all relate to making it less
                    > tame than 2005 was.
                    >
                    > * More public places that aren't bars. It's
                    > impossible to impress a St.
                    > Louisan by getting drunk in a bar.
                    >
                    > * If we are going to hit any dance clubs, it needs
                    > to be after 11pm.
                    > Ideally, it needs to be between midnight and 1:00
                    > am, when there are
                    > actually people in the club who might be dancing.
                    >
                    > * At least one strip club. If I get a nomination,
                    > it'd be for the last
                    > stop of the night to end up at PT's Centerville.
                    > (Won't that be a
                    > Couples Night?) Yes, I know the buses don't run. But
                    > if we make prior
                    > arrangements with one of the cheaper cab companies
                    > like ABC Cab to get a
                    > couple of minivans, we can split cab fare 6 ways
                    > each. Cheap at twice
                    > the price.
                    >
                    > I know that St. Louisans are pathologically polite,
                    > but we could stand
                    > to put more "anarchy" in Santarchy.
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >
                    > (Yahoo! ID required)

                    mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    Sponsored Link

                    Don't quit your job - take classes online
                    www.Classesusa.com
                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006

                      Tame?  Oh – I didn’t make 2005.

                      there is a fine line between outrageous and obnoxious – and sometimes that’s subjective.   That’s why I prefer to go to places that love outrageous and can tolerate obnoxious.  I think you can be polite and controversial.

                      Public places good – the (unplanned) stop at the 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.

                      The history museum (free) is just a block or so from the forest park metro stop – and since we’re changing trains there anyway …….

                      Message 10 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006
                        How about a shopping spree to the
                        Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?

                        --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

                        > Tame? Oh - I didn't make 2005.
                        >
                        > there is a fine line between outrageous and
                        > obnoxious - and sometimes that's
                        > subjective. That's why I prefer to go to places
                        > that love outrageous and
                        > can tolerate obnoxious. I think you can be polite
                        > and controversial.
                        >

                        > Public places good - the (unplanned) stop at the
                        > 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.
                        >

                        > The history museum (free) is just a block or so from
                        > the forest park metro
                        > stop - and since we're changing trains there anyway
                        >

                        > _____

                        <mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>
                        > fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        > Sponsored Link
                        >
                        > Don't quit your job - take classes online
                        > www.Classesusa.com

                        Sponsored Link

                        Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
                        $310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
                        www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
                        Message 11 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006

                          How late are they open?

                          Message 12 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006
                            I like the way you think.

                            Lohr wrote:
                            > How about a shopping spree to the
                            > Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?
                          • Rebecka Wyrde
                            Message 13 of 30 , Nov 19, 2006
                              I like it!

                              ^..^

                              "J. Brad Hicks" <brad@...> wrote:
                              I like the way you think.

                              Lohr wrote:
                              > How about a shopping spree to the
                              > Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?

                              Sponsored Link

                              Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

                              Message 14 of 30 , Nov 19, 2006
                                Doctor John's is open until midnight on Saturday's

                                -Lohr

                              • pibandp0g
                                Message 15 of 30 , Nov 27, 2006
                                  Any updates? Let me know if I can help in some way...

                                  see you soon,

                                  Lisa
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Nov 29, 2006
                                    Ho Ho, uH-Oh!

                                    The Current Plan! We tried to tie in
                                    Maplewood, we really did. Gabriel and I
                                    drove the entire route last Friday, and
                                    cheked out all the stops, walks and bus
                                    rides, and decided Maplewood would be
                                    just too tricky.

                                    ONE CUT
                                    If Cabin in the City then no Washington Ave.

                                    TWO NEW ADDITIONS
                                    1. The Saint Louis History Museum, lets
                                    get some culture in these Santa's and
                                    some Santa's in the Culture. You better
                                    watch out.

                                    2. We're adding Laclede's Landing for a trip
                                    to "Show Me's" the closest thing to a strip
                                    club within reach of the MetroLink, and
                                    Doctor John's, the Adult Fun store.

                                    Check out the details below.

                                    University City
                                    noon Bar Cicero's
                                    1:15 Bar Blueberry Hill
                                    1:58 Metro Delmar -> Forest Park
                                    Forest Park
                                    2:05 Museum St. Louis History Museum
                                    2:45 Metro Forest Park -> CWE
                                    Central West End
                                    3:10 Bus #18 Taylor off McPherson
                                    3:20 Bar Llywyn's
                                    4:15 Bar Rosie's Place
                                    5:10 Metro CWE -> Union Station
                                    Union Station
                                    5:30 Bar Union Station Lobby Bar
                                    6:47 Metro Union Station -> Landing
                                    Laclede's Landing
                                    7:00 Shop Doctor John's
                                    7:30 Bar Show Me's
                                    8:50 Metro Landing -> Conv Center 6th
                                    9:07 Bus Washington Ave @ 6th
                                    #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                                    off at Broadway & Russell
                                    Soulard
                                    9:30 Bar The Shanti
                                    10:30 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                                    11:30 Bar Molly's

                                    http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Nov 30, 2006
                                      You better watch out  .. You better watch out!
                                      You better watch out....... You better watch out.

                                      This year you can be the Santa that pisses blue
                                        http://cre.ations.net/creation/body-mod---turn-your-pee-blue
                                      Thats right You can make your pee BLUE

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006
                                        HO HO uH-Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry,
                                        you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santarchy is
                                        coming to town!

                                        It's time for St. Louis' own version of the
                                        time-honored tradition of Santarchy. "What is
                                        Santarchy?" you say? Santarchy is better experienced
                                        than explains, but I'll tell you this. Saturday
                                        December 10th, all those with the affinity for the
                                        FrEaKy, the curiosity of the CrAzY are invited to get
                                        dressed up in a Santa Suit and come join us in a day
                                        of celebration of and/or protestation to the holiday
                                        season.

                                        Dress as your own inner Santa and join us for an all
                                        day march all around St. Louis spreading holiday cheer
                                        and presents. Yes, presents too. If you come across
                                        the Mob of Santa's on December 10th you will most
                                        likely leave with a gift. Previous gifts have included
                                        candy-canes, lumps of coal, mutant toys, vegetables,
                                        special prizes, and many other twisted gifts for the
                                        naughty and nice little boys and girls.

                                        Santa's were heard incessantly chanting, "You better
                                        Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out!
                                        You better Watch Out!..." as they rampaged through the
                                        city.

                                        The Santa mob will convene in the University City
                                        Loop, traverse via the MetroLink, a quick stop at the
                                        History Museum, then onto the Central West End, on
                                        through Union Station, stop off at Laclede's Landing
                                        continuing and concluding in Soulard. It's a long
                                        day, so wear comfortable shoes. Also, feel free to
                                        join us anywhere along the route. The published
                                        schedule will be reasonable enforced.

                                        So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL
                                        Santarchy 2005.

                                        StL SANTARCHY 2006

                                        December 9th, 2006

                                        #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                                        off at Broadway & Russell
                                        Soulard
                                        9:30 Bar The Shanti
                                        10:30 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                                        11:30 Bar Molly's

                                        Cheap talk?
                                        http://voice.yahoo.com
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006

                                          DECEMBER 9TH IS SATURDAY IN 2006 (THE 10TH WAS 2005).

                                          Lohr – what color beard are you growing this year?

                                          #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                                          off at Broadway & Russell

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006

                                            #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway