Re: [stlouis_santarchy] S A N T A R C H Y 2006 - Time to begin planning

  • Bapi Gupta
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 11, 2006
      dear yuletime drunks,

      We definitely need to do a weekend night, and
      Saturday's are better than Friday mostly since the day
      is more open to most people (doesn't matter to me, I
      work friggin everyday from August til Christmas, but I
      asked off for 12/09 two months in advance!).

      My only *new* input on the subject would be to skip
      Washington Street/Union Station and add South Grand.
      We could Metro the the Grand stop and then take the
      bus down to Mangia, Upstairs, CBGB's. I'm pretty sure
      there's an easy bus to get us down to Soulard after
      that too.

      If we really still need to go downtown, I'd even
      prefer the Landing. I have a friends who work at Joey
      B's and the Feisty Bulldog/XES Lounge and could make
      sure we don't get stuck with covers.

      Bapi

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 11, 2006

        We’ve taken some of those pretty sure busses before…..weekend stops are few and far between, and sometimes almost random – so we have to come up with a plan and then someone has to be the adult that gets us there at the right time, and deals with phantom busses.

        There have always been great planners – movers in the past – but its work – and they may be smart enough to be silent at this time.

        Do we need a pre-drunk to plan for the big drunk?  Everyone would need to bring data and meetint at some location with wi-fi for additional surfing might not be bad?  The flow of the party is very important/difficult to plan/control.

        Lohr? Chris? Where are you? Don’t want to usurp anyone’s power – but I know how unpleasant it is when folks question your  choices – cant please all the santas all the time……….

         Above is from a team standpoint – from personnel santa – I’m all for new stuff –all for someone else doing all the hard part

        Ps – one thing I would like to encourage is folks getting metro passes for the day ahead of time

        HOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH.

        --- Lana Camp <brniidgirl@yahoo. com> wrote:

        > I would like to eat dinner in a Santa suit, as long
        > as we can still be belligerent. I will not be
        > drinking too much either, if at all. I would not
        > like it on a weekday. A weekday is lame. I have to
        > be in bed at a decent hour, seeing that I have a job
        > that makes me get to work by 8 (A.M. for all you
        > bohos with your own schedules). It would be nice to
        > try something different as far as routes. The Cabin
        > is no longer(single tear shed) and the
        w:st="on">Washington

        http://new.mail. yahoo.com

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com

          --
          Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
          – Alexander Hamilton
        • pibandp0g
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 12, 2006
            hallooooo,

            also wanted to throw out the idea of hitting The Grove area also as a
            possibility: AMP, Atomic Cowboy, Grandma's Political Club etc could
            be supa fun. just a thot.

            regarding someone's suggestion to cut out the CWE parts: I think that
            would be sad cuz those are some of the best parts! trekking around
            there in the day and seeing everyone's reactions to us. tee-hee

            lisa
            ....better watch out......better watch out............
            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 16, 2006
              HO HO uH-Oh!

              I'm loving the responses people have been
              putting out here. I think the people have
              spoken, and here at the three major results
              from the posts.

              1. Keep it on a Saturday, it will be Dec, 9th.

              2. This inclusion of Maplewood seems to be
              a pretty popular idea, especially since
              the Metrolink gets you there.

              3. I believe Washington Ave, is out. The
              Cabin Inn was really the best part of that
              trip, since it's closed to non-patrons, it
              doesn't seem worth it.

              I have been perfoming some planning voodoo,
              sticking pins in a map on the wall, and here
              is what I've come up with. Please get back
              to me with what you thgink.

              1. Start in Maplewood, probably the
              Schlafly Bottleworks

              2. Walk to something else close by, maybe
              the grateful inn and/or boogaloo's

              (BTW, you rock Barabara, thanks
              for suggesting all of this.)

              3. Metro from there, quick stop in Clayton,
              I have NO idea where.

              4. Metrolink transfer at Forest Park back track
              the U-city Loop. for cicero's and Blueberry Hill

              5. Central West End, The pack was supposed to
              catch a bus that would go from the hopital to
              Maryland, but that fell apart last year. Do
              that, for Llewellyn's and of course Rosies.

              6. Metrolink to Union Station. Skip Hard Rock
              and go straight throught the mall where they
              hate us to the Hotel bar where they love us.

              7. Now, we walk. It wouldn't be Santarchy without
              little walking, across Market St , by the fountain
              and go to some dive bar.

              8. Walk to the Metro transfer station at 14th
              and Clark street and get the bus to Soulard,
              or the Metrolink to the Landing.

              WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK? PLEASE RESPOND

              Sponsored Link

              Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
              $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
              www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 16, 2006

                i think you're the greatest manager since Tony LaRussa - but many people think he's a mad man too.

                - love starting in maplewood - we'll catch the metro in shrewsbury.

                - rather not do the landing.  love soulard - maybe hit some different bars - not sure what the path was last year.  but we go there often, so fine if we skip it.

                during the playoffs we found Jack Patrick's at 10th & Olive - not exactly a dive, more of a neighborhood tavern.  myabe we could just wander from downtown dive to downtown dive.  what's the name of the place across from Keil on Pine? Kelly's?  good semi-dive.  throw in soemthing upscale like Kitchen K.  sooo may options.

                of course we could still all parade thru the Sister's of Mercy Holiday party at the ballpark Hilton.

                ps - bottleworks, grateful inn, boogaloo are smoke free.  maybe it will slow down our smoking.

                 Babs

                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
                    I just want to be the chair of the getting
                    drunk/forgetting things and ending up naked in my hot
                    tub committee. Is that okay with all y'all?

                    We could go to Dupo and have fun, it's hard to mess
                    this one up.

                    Bapi

                    --- Gabriel Branch <gabriel@...> wrote:

                    > The soulard bus doesn't stop at the Clark/14th
                    > transfer station, 90% of the
                    > buses that do wait there are xpress buses. This is
                    > why we have to go to the
                    > landing.* I don't want to go to any bars in the
                    > landing* (don't get me
                    > wrong) but we will be able to catch the Soulard or
                    > the Broadway bus from the
                    > Convention Center(landing) metrolink station.

                    > On 11/16/06, Lohr <stlouisburn@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > HO HO uH-Oh!
                    > >
                    > > I'm loving the responses people have been
                    > > putting out here. I think the people have
                    > > spoken, and here at the three major results
                    > > from the posts.
                    > >
                    > > 1. Keep it on a Saturday, it will be Dec, 9th.
                    > >
                    > > 2. This inclusion of Maplewood seems to be
                    > > a pretty popular idea, especially since
                    > > the Metrolink gets you there.
                    > >
                    > > 3. I believe Washington Ave, is out. The
                    > > Cabin Inn was really the best part of that
                    > > trip, since it's closed to non-patrons, it
                    > > doesn't seem worth it.
                    > >
                    > > I have been perfoming some planning voodoo,
                    > > sticking pins in a map on the wall, and here
                    > > is what I've come up with. Please get back
                    > > to me with what you thgink.
                    > >
                    > > 1. Start in Maplewood, probably the
                    > > Schlafly Bottleworks
                    > >
                    > > 2. Walk to something else close by, maybe
                    > > the grateful inn and/or boogaloo's
                    > >
                    > > (BTW, you rock Barabara, thanks
                    > > for suggesting all of this.)
                    > >
                    > > 3. Metro from there, quick stop in Clayton,
                    > > I have NO idea where.
                    > >
                    > > 4. Metrolink transfer at Forest Park back track
                    > > the U-city Loop. for cicero's and Blueberry Hill
                    > >
                    > > 5. Central West End, The pack was supposed to
                    > > catch a bus that would go from the hopital to
                    > > Maryland, but that fell apart last year. Do
                    > > that, for Llewellyn's and of course Rosies.
                    > >
                    > > 6. Metrolink to Union Station. Skip Hard Rock
                    > > and go straight throught the mall where they
                    > > hate us to the Hotel bar where they love us.
                    > >
                    > > 7. Now, we walk. It wouldn't be Santarchy without
                    > > little walking, across Market St , by the fountain
                    > > and go to some dive bar.
                    > >
                    > > 8. Walk to the Metro transfer station at 14th
                    > > and Clark street and get the bus to Soulard,
                    > > or the Metrolink to the Landing.
                    > >
                    > > WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK? PLEASE RESPOND

                    > > Sponsored Link
                    > >
                    > > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
                    > > $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
                    > > www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
                    > >

                    > --
                    > Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
                    > – Alexander Hamilton

                    Sponsored Link

                    Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
                    $510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
                    www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
                      Bapi, is this Dupo on the Landing?
                      If we go to a port of town, we should
                      at least go into one place.

                      Barbara, are you serious about crashing
                      that office party at the Hilton?
                      That really could be fun.

                      -Lohr

                      --- Bapi Gupta <bapigupta@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > > and go straight throught the mall where they
                      > > > hate us to the Hotel bar where they love us.
                      > > >
                      > > > 7. Now, we walk. It wouldn't be Santarchy
                      > without
                      > > > little walking, across Market St , by the
                      > fountain
                      > > > and go to some dive bar.
                      > > >
                      > > > 8. Walk to the Metro transfer station at 14th
                      > > > and Clark street and get the bus to Soulard,
                      > > > or the Metrolink to the Landing.
                      > > >
                      > > > WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK? PLEASE RESPOND

                      > > > Sponsored Link
                      > > >
                      > > > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
                      > > > $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
                      > > > www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
                      > > >

                      > > --
                      > > Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
                      > > – Alexander Hamilton

                      > Sponsored Link
                      >
                      > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
                      > $510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!

                      mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      Sponsored Link

                      $420k for $1,399/mo.
                      Find Out! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
                      Message 10 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
                        Hey, I've been trying to figure out this Maplewood
                        thing and I'm having difficulty. I don't know
                        Brentwood.

                        Anyone want to go on an excursion tomorrow and
                        figure this all out? I don't have a car.

                        Let me know. I'm going to work, I'll check my
                        mail tonight and see who is interested. Call
                        or e-mail me if you are interested.

                        -Lohr
                        363-3691

                        Sponsored Link

                        Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr
                        MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Assoc
                        http://yahoo.degrees.info
                      • J. Brad Hicks
                        Message 11 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
                          My leading requests all relate to making it less tame than 2005 was.

                          * More public places that aren't bars. It's impossible to impress a St.
                          Louisan by getting drunk in a bar.

                          * If we are going to hit any dance clubs, it needs to be after 11pm.
                          Ideally, it needs to be between midnight and 1:00 am, when there are
                          actually people in the club who might be dancing.

                          * At least one strip club. If I get a nomination, it'd be for the last
                          stop of the night to end up at PT's Centerville. (Won't that be a
                          Couples Night?) Yes, I know the buses don't run. But if we make prior
                          arrangements with one of the cheaper cab companies like ABC Cab to get a
                          couple of minivans, we can split cab fare 6 ways each. Cheap at twice
                          the price.

                          I know that St. Louisans are pathologically polite, but we could stand
                          to put more "anarchy" in Santarchy.
                          Message 12 of 30 , Nov 17, 2006
                            I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK BRAD!
                            I've been trying to get more non-bar locations
                            involved for a while, but as you described,
                            St Louisians, even while doing Santarchy,
                            don't want to bother anyone.

                            NOTE: no destination will be scheduled that
                            cannot be reached by Metro or foot.

                            -Lohr

                            --- "J. Brad Hicks" <brad@...> wrote:

                            > My leading requests all relate to making it less
                            > tame than 2005 was.
                            >
                            > * More public places that aren't bars. It's
                            > impossible to impress a St.
                            > Louisan by getting drunk in a bar.
                            >
                            > * If we are going to hit any dance clubs, it needs
                            > to be after 11pm.
                            > Ideally, it needs to be between midnight and 1:00
                            > am, when there are
                            > actually people in the club who might be dancing.
                            >
                            > * At least one strip club. If I get a nomination,
                            > it'd be for the last
                            > stop of the night to end up at PT's Centerville.
                            > (Won't that be a
                            > Couples Night?) Yes, I know the buses don't run. But
                            > if we make prior
                            > arrangements with one of the cheaper cab companies
                            > like ABC Cab to get a
                            > couple of minivans, we can split cab fare 6 ways
                            > each. Cheap at twice
                            > the price.
                            >
                            > I know that St. Louisans are pathologically polite,
                            > but we could stand
                            > to put more "anarchy" in Santarchy.
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links
                            >
                            > (Yahoo! ID required)

                            mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                            Sponsored Link

                            Don't quit your job - take classes online
                            www.Classesusa.com
                            Message 13 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006

                              Tame?  Oh – I didn’t make 2005.

                              there is a fine line between outrageous and obnoxious – and sometimes that’s subjective.   That’s why I prefer to go to places that love outrageous and can tolerate obnoxious.  I think you can be polite and controversial.

                              Public places good – the (unplanned) stop at the 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.

                              The history museum (free) is just a block or so from the forest park metro stop – and since we’re changing trains there anyway …….

                              Message 14 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006
                                How about a shopping spree to the
                                Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?

                                --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

                                > Tame? Oh - I didn't make 2005.
                                >
                                > there is a fine line between outrageous and
                                > obnoxious - and sometimes that's
                                > subjective. That's why I prefer to go to places
                                > that love outrageous and
                                > can tolerate obnoxious. I think you can be polite
                                > and controversial.
                                >

                                > Public places good - the (unplanned) stop at the
                                > 7-11 in 2004 was a hoot.
                                >

                                > The history museum (free) is just a block or so from
                                > the forest park metro
                                > stop - and since we're changing trains there anyway
                                >

                                > _____

                                <mailto:stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured%40yahoogroups.com>
                                > fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                > Sponsored Link
                                >
                                > Don't quit your job - take classes online
                                > www.Classesusa.com

                                Sponsored Link

                                Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
                                $310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
                                www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
                                Message 15 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006

                                  How late are they open?

                                  Message 16 of 30 , Nov 18, 2006
                                    I like the way you think.

                                    Lohr wrote:
                                    > How about a shopping spree to the
                                    > Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?
                                  • Rebecka Wyrde
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Nov 19, 2006
                                      I like it!

                                      ^..^

                                      "J. Brad Hicks" <brad@...> wrote:
                                      I like the way you think.

                                      Lohr wrote:
                                      > How about a shopping spree to the
                                      > Dr. John's sex novalty shop on the Landing?

                                      Sponsored Link

                                      Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Nov 19, 2006
                                        Doctor John's is open until midnight on Saturday's

                                        -Lohr

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Nov 27, 2006
                                          Any updates? Let me know if I can help in some way...

                                          see you soon,

                                          Lisa
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Nov 29, 2006
                                            Ho Ho, uH-Oh!

                                            The Current Plan! We tried to tie in
                                            Maplewood, we really did. Gabriel and I
                                            drove the entire route last Friday, and
                                            cheked out all the stops, walks and bus
                                            rides, and decided Maplewood would be
                                            just too tricky.

                                            ONE CUT
                                            If Cabin in the City then no Washington Ave.

                                            TWO NEW ADDITIONS
                                            1. The Saint Louis History Museum, lets
                                            get some culture in these Santa's and
                                            some Santa's in the Culture. You better
                                            watch out.

                                            2. We're adding Laclede's Landing for a trip
                                            to "Show Me's" the closest thing to a strip
                                            club within reach of the MetroLink, and
                                            Doctor John's, the Adult Fun store.

                                            Check out the details below.

                                            University City
                                            noon Bar Cicero's
                                            1:15 Bar Blueberry Hill
                                            1:58 Metro Delmar -> Forest Park
                                            Forest Park
                                            2:05 Museum St. Louis History Museum
                                            2:45 Metro Forest Park -> CWE
                                            Central West End
                                            3:10 Bus #18 Taylor off McPherson
                                            3:20 Bar Llywyn's
                                            4:15 Bar Rosie's Place
                                            5:10 Metro CWE -> Union Station
                                            Union Station
                                            5:30 Bar Union Station Lobby Bar
                                            6:47 Metro Union Station -> Landing
                                            Laclede's Landing
                                            7:00 Shop Doctor John's
                                            7:30 Bar Show Me's
                                            8:50 Metro Landing -> Conv Center 6th
                                            9:07 Bus Washington Ave @ 6th
                                            #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                                            off at Broadway & Russell
                                            Soulard
                                            9:30 Bar The Shanti
                                            10:30 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                                            11:30 Bar Molly's

                                            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Nov 30, 2006
                                              You better watch out  .. You better watch out!
                                              You better watch out....... You better watch out.

                                              This year you can be the Santa that pisses blue
                                                http://cre.ations.net/creation/body-mod---turn-your-pee-blue
                                              Thats right You can make your pee BLUE

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006
                                                HO HO uH-Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry,
                                                you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santarchy is
                                                coming to town!

                                                It's time for St. Louis' own version of the
                                                time-honored tradition of Santarchy. "What is
                                                Santarchy?" you say? Santarchy is better experienced
                                                than explains, but I'll tell you this. Saturday
                                                December 10th, all those with the affinity for the
                                                FrEaKy, the curiosity of the CrAzY are invited to get
                                                dressed up in a Santa Suit and come join us in a day
                                                of celebration of and/or protestation to the holiday
                                                season.

                                                Dress as your own inner Santa and join us for an all
                                                day march all around St. Louis spreading holiday cheer
                                                and presents. Yes, presents too. If you come across
                                                the Mob of Santa's on December 10th you will most
                                                likely leave with a gift. Previous gifts have included
                                                candy-canes, lumps of coal, mutant toys, vegetables,
                                                special prizes, and many other twisted gifts for the
                                                naughty and nice little boys and girls.

                                                Santa's were heard incessantly chanting, "You better
                                                Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out!
                                                You better Watch Out!..." as they rampaged through the
                                                city.

                                                The Santa mob will convene in the University City
                                                Loop, traverse via the MetroLink, a quick stop at the
                                                History Museum, then onto the Central West End, on
                                                through Union Station, stop off at Laclede's Landing
                                                continuing and concluding in Soulard. It's a long
                                                day, so wear comfortable shoes. Also, feel free to
                                                join us anywhere along the route. The published
                                                schedule will be reasonable enforced.

                                                So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL
                                                Santarchy 2005.

                                                StL SANTARCHY 2006

                                                December 9th, 2006

                                                #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                                                off at Broadway & Russell
                                                Soulard
                                                9:30 Bar The Shanti
                                                10:30 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
                                                11:30 Bar Molly's

                                                Cheap talk?
                                                http://voice.yahoo.com
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006

                                                  DECEMBER 9TH IS SATURDAY IN 2006 (THE 10TH WAS 2005).

                                                  Lohr – what color beard are you growing this year?

                                                  #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway
                                                  off at Broadway & Russell

                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Dec 1, 2006

                                                    #30 Soulard/#40 Broadway