Re: [stlouis_santarchy] RE: mama always said not to trust strange websites

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2005
      There really should be. I run a couple of other lists
      and have never had this problem. As the moderator on
      those lists I have to approve everyone wanting to
      become a member, so I have to find out ahead of time
      whether or not it is an actual person rather than a
      bot. hmmmm... Not sure what the settings are here.
      ~rain

      --- elliot liebson <eliebson@...> wrote:

      > --I don't suppose there is any way to prevent stuff
      > like this from coming
      > through?
      >
      > Elliot
      >

      > >Message: 1
      > > Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:40:44 +0100
      > > From: "suzan.johnston6606@..."
      > <suzan.johnston6606@...>
      > >Subject: this is so cool!
      > >
      > >Well, I met my lifelongpartner here :). Thought I
      > had a duty to post it on
      > >here to share with those on here who were exactly
      > like me, and are
      > >concerned about ending up alone. For a very long
      > time I had
      > >accepted that it was inevitable, but well, great
      > things do happen to
      > >good people :) Check it out
      > http://www.firstglance.info/eeqci

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Chris Nubel
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
        I'll delete her account.  StLouis_Santarchy is an open membership group which means anyone can join without haveing to be approved.  I have moderator access which means I can delete a spammer after they post, but I cannot prevent them from joining, or spamming.  All I can do is delete and ban the account which prevents her from doing it again.

        She_B_Gone
        Chris

        rain <caritasrainbow@...> wrote:
        There really should be.  I run a couple of other lists
        and have never had this problem.  As the moderator on
        those lists I have to approve everyone wanting to
        become a member, so I have to find out ahead of time
        whether or not it is an actual person rather than a
        bot.  hmmmm...  Not sure what the settings are here.
        ~rain

        --- elliot liebson <eliebson@...> wrote:

        > --I don't suppose there is any way to prevent stuff
        > like this from coming
        > through?
        >
        > Elliot
        >

        > >Message: 1
        > >    Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:40:44 +0100
        > >    From: "suzan.johnston6606@..."
        > <suzan.johnston6606@...>
        > >Subject: this is so cool!
        > >
        > >Well, I met my lifelongpartner here :). Thought I
        > had a duty to post it on
        > >here to share with those on here who were exactly
        > like me, and are
        > >concerned about    ending up alone. For a very long
        >      time I had
        > >accepted that it was inevitable, but well, great
        > things        do happen to
        > >good people :) Check it out
        > http://www.firstglance.info/eeqci

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.