RE: mama always said not to trust strange websites

  • elliot liebson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2005
      --I don't suppose there is any way to prevent stuff like this from coming
      through?

      Elliot

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2005
        There really should be. I run a couple of other lists
        and have never had this problem. As the moderator on
        those lists I have to approve everyone wanting to
        become a member, so I have to find out ahead of time
        whether or not it is an actual person rather than a
        bot. hmmmm... Not sure what the settings are here.
        ~rain

        --- elliot liebson <eliebson@...> wrote:

        > --I don't suppose there is any way to prevent stuff
        > like this from coming
        > through?
        >
        > Elliot
        >

        > >Message: 1
        > > Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:40:44 +0100
        > > From: "suzan.johnston6606@..."
        > <suzan.johnston6606@...>
        > >Subject: this is so cool!
        > >
        > >Well, I met my lifelongpartner here :). Thought I
        > had a duty to post it on
        > >here to share with those on here who were exactly
        > like me, and are
        > >concerned about ending up alone. For a very long
        > time I had
        > >accepted that it was inevitable, but well, great
        > things do happen to
        > >good people :) Check it out
        > http://www.firstglance.info/eeqci

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Chris Nubel
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
          I'll delete her account.  StLouis_Santarchy is an open membership group which means anyone can join without haveing to be approved.  I have moderator access which means I can delete a spammer after they post, but I cannot prevent them from joining, or spamming.  All I can do is delete and ban the account which prevents her from doing it again.

          She_B_Gone
          Chris

          rain <caritasrainbow@...> wrote:
          There really should be.  I run a couple of other lists
          and have never had this problem.  As the moderator on
          those lists I have to approve everyone wanting to
          become a member, so I have to find out ahead of time
          whether or not it is an actual person rather than a
          bot.  hmmmm...  Not sure what the settings are here.
          ~rain

          --- elliot liebson <eliebson@...> wrote:

          > --I don't suppose there is any way to prevent stuff
          > like this from coming
          > through?
          >
          > Elliot
          >

          > >Message: 1
          > >    Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:40:44 +0100
          > >    From: "suzan.johnston6606@..."
          > <suzan.johnston6606@...>
          > >Subject: this is so cool!
          > >
          > >Well, I met my lifelongpartner here :). Thought I
          > had a duty to post it on
          > >here to share with those on here who were exactly
          > like me, and are
          > >concerned about    ending up alone. For a very long
          >      time I had
          > >accepted that it was inevitable, but well, great
          > things        do happen to
          > >good people :) Check it out
          > http://www.firstglance.info/eeqci

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.