date?

  • pibandpog
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2005
      halloooo

      so how come the Home page for this yahoo group lists Dec 10th as the
      date but we're all saying Dec 17th in our giddy posts? Is it official
      either way? ;) just trying to mark my calendar!

      lisa
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2005

        the site looks pretty official.  i thought the date was put out for discussion first.  but maybe the 10th is the date that works for the folks that do all the pre-work to organize the route and the bars.

        unfortunately, i'm not sure we can make the 10th.  jim has the kids and i skipped the Archway Chili party last year for Santarchy - dont think i can miss it again.

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2005
          I'd bet the site just hasn't been updated. did y'all
          by any chance go on the 10th last year?
          after all this discussion, i'd bet it'll be changed to
          the 17th as soon as lohr gets his butt online and sees
          all the email discussions that have gone.
          just my two cents...
          ~rain
          i'm just sayin is all

          --- barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

          the site looks pretty official. i thought the date
          was put out for discussion first. but maybe the 10th
          is the date that works for the folks that do all the
          pre-work to organize the route and the bars.

          unfortunately, i'm not sure we can make the 10th. jim
          has the kids and i skipped the Archway Chili party
          last year for Santarchy - dont think i can miss it
          again.

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Chris Nubel
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
              From what I understand, several dates were discussed and I believe the final decision was that Dec 10 would be the official date of Santarchy.  The website is correct.

            Last year was Dec 11, so it is the same weekend as last year, the second Saturday in Dec.

            That's all I know.....which isn't very much.

            HO HO
            Chris
            aka
            Satan Santa

            Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
              yup yup yup. i believe you are correct chris. i
              spoke too soon. december 10th i believe it is...
              ~rain

              --- Chris Nubel <benzenebreath@...> wrote:

              > From what I understand, several dates were
              > discussed and I believe the final decision was that
              > Dec 10 would be the official date of Santarchy. The
              > website is correct.
              >
              > Last year was Dec 11, so it is the same weekend as
              > last year, the second Saturday in Dec.
              >
              > That's all I know.....which isn't very much.

              If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with rain.

              http://farechase.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 4, 2005
                HO HO uH-Oh!
                Santa Claus is coming to town!

                S A N T A R C H Y S t L 12-10-2005

                Get out your Santa Suit and get ready to get jolly.
                December 10th, everyone is invited to dress up and
                gather together to march through the city in
                proclamation of... I guess the Holiday Season.
                Come dressed as your own inner Santa Claus or
                whatever way the Holiday inspires you: dress as a
                reindeer, a Christmas tree, a sexy Mrs. Clause,
                Hanukah Harry, or whatever you think of.
                Dress naughty or nice, just dress up and join us.

                We will rampage through Metro St. Louis from bar
                to bar starting in the U-City Loop, with many
                wonderful photo op stops in between. Santa's
                Reindeer will still be out to pasture so bring
                comfortable shoes. We will mostly be taking the
                MetroLink and Bi-State bus to get around.
                Don't forget to bring gifts for people.

                NOTE:
                This event is NOT intended to be a:
                protest of Christmas
                (unless you choose it to be).
                celebration of Christmas
                (unless you choose it to be).
                political statement
                (unless you choose it to be).
                This event IS intended to be whatever
                you choose it to be.

                http://www.santarchy.com

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 15, 2005
                  Can I get a time and place to meet? Trying to get
                  this on the Midwest Burners site so people can come
                  from out of town. Even though KC is doing theirs the
                  same day... There is still *some* interest from some
                  out of town burners.
                  I'm just sayin is all...
                  ~rain