Art and Life and Art Terrorism.

  • albertfishin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2005
      They say that art tends to imitate life. or does life imitate art?
      well in any case i say both are bullshit.

      Life's whatever ya make it but thats fairly obvious, but what is
      not obvious and what only the 33rd degree masons know and guard with
      their lives and metor ore daggers is this simple fact:

      Art is at war with life.

      Now let me explain.. an example of life is say.. Starbucks,
      where people can go to spend alot of money for pretty shity coffee
      that some broke ass gets paid fuck all to grow. This is life,
      exploitation of a buncha people for the benifit of yuppies and
      assholes. (pardon the loose language but i think its the appropriate
      term. OH and christian yuppie assholes)

      Anyway, Life is Starbucks, Kentucky fried chicken, McDonanlds,
      McDonald Douglas, Bread Co, THe Central west end.

      It is the function of art to cull the herds of life when
      neccessary. I'm not talking about hurting or cappin' fools. I'm
      talking about attacking their actions of living with actions of art.

      I'll give ya a few examples of some shit that worked pretty well
      when tried in Ol' London Towne.

      {disclaimer: it may seem that these ideas are politically
      motiviated, i must assure you they are not. They are motivated by
      wanting the complete breakdown of all social norms and barriers}

      Food Fight: Ya fill up a shoppin' cart (or anything really)
      with meat and custard pies and if ya can a nice dumpsterd lobster. Ya
      wheel yer crew into the fast food chain or whereever people are
      buying a shitload of factory farmed meat and wasting their potential
      as a human being. Ya bring in yer crew and just chuck the meat all
      over the place, tag yer logo on the wall, deleiver a hilliariously
      worded manifesto and watch everyone vacate the store. (which you
      should do shortly after)

      Asswipes: Simple, go to a really touristy or trendy area
      of town, get yer crew to drop their trousers and wipe their asses in
      unison. Hopefully yer doing this with asses towards a crowd.
      Hopefully a crowd of children...or church people.

      Shoot out: Most people think purchasing a cup of coffee is a
      pretty peacefull safe and fun activity. Completly unaware of all of
      its violent undertones. (sales tax, coffe co explotation of growers
      and whatnot) So ya dress up in costumes of 1980's action movie
      badguys and heroes and ya have a shootout inside the store. You can
      either do it with no props (just using yer hands and sayin' "Bang
      bang you motherfucking coke dealing slimeball") or you can use squirt
      guns, i find the no props more rewarding, but theirs more of chance
      of getting some "Innocent bystanders" with squirt guns.

      anyhow, i'm done typing.

      if anyones interested in any of this stuff e-mail me.

      love and rage,

      The Roman Numeral Five Art Terrorist Cell (doing sleeper work
      stateside)

      Sub-Commandante Asmu
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21, 2005
        Man, that was wonderful. Can I forward this
        to the St Louis Burning Man Discussion List?

        -Lohr,

        --- albertfishin <albertfishin@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > unaware of all of
        > its violent undertones. (sales tax, coffe co
        > explotation of growers
        > and whatnot) So ya dress up in costumes of 1980's
        > action movie
        > badguys and heroes and ya have a shootout inside the
        > store. You can
        > either do it with no props (just using yer hands and
        > sayin' "Bang
        > bang you motherfucking coke dealing slimeball") or
        > you can use squirt
        > guns, i find the no props more rewarding, but theirs
        > more of chance
        > of getting some "Innocent bystanders" with squirt
        > guns.
        >
        > anyhow, i'm done typing.
        >
        > if anyones interested in any of this stuff e-mail
        > me.
        >
        > love and rage,
        >
        > The Roman Numeral Five Art Terrorist Cell (doing

      • Adam Hackbarth
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 21, 2005
          I dunno. To me it reads like you arent focusing on the
          cause of the problem... Who do you thing will have to
          end up cleaning up that stuff? Yes the low man on the
          totem pole. I dunno.
          --- stlouisburn@... <stlouisburn@...>

          === Message Truncated ===

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 21, 2005
            Ya know, I was just thinkin the same thing.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 26, 2005
              sure thang