Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Ho HO uH-Oh!!!

  • joshua hart
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
      They just did, its at the top of the email.  This was the first message at all about it, here or anyplace.

      From: Lohr <lohrbarkley@...>
      Subject: [stlouis_santarchy] Ho HO uH-Oh!!!
      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 5:46 PM

      St. Louis Santarchy
      THE DATE IS SATURDAY DECEMBER 8th, 2012

      HO HO uH-Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santarchy is coming to town!

      It's time for St. Louis' own version of the time-honored tradition of Santarchy. "What is Santarchy?" you say? Santarchy is better experienced than explained, but I'll tell you this. All those with the affinity for the FrEaKy, the curiosity of the CrAzY are invited to get dressed up in a Santa Suit and join us in celebration of and/or protestation to the holiday season.

      Dress as your own inner Santa or whatever other holidayesque outfit you create and join us for an all day march all around St. Louis spreading holiday cheer and presents. Yes, presents too. If you come across the mob of Santas you will most likely leave with a gift. Previous gifts have included candy-canes, lumps of coal, mutant toys, vegetables, special prizes, and many other twisted gifts for the naughty and nice little boys and girls.

      Santas shall stomp, stumble and spit across the city while chanting, "You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out!..." Come rampage through the city. All are welcome

      So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL Santarchy.

      Schedule To Be Announce.

      Also, if you are of the Facebook type, join the following. FB seems to be where the action is these day, and this is definitely an AcTioNable event.

      http://www.facebook.com/groups/139638454740/

      Ho Ho uH-Oh!!!

    • D. Lohr Barkley
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
        All important announcements about Santarchy will continue to post to this list as well as the Facebook.  The goal is to inform everyone.

        Ho Ho uH-Oh!

        -Mega Santa
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 16, 2012
          i will be sending smoke signals to inform the technology challenged.

           Babs

          To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
          From: lohrbarkley@...
          Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:17:24 -0800

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 18, 2012
            Actually as someone else told me the date two weeks ago I know it had to be somewhere. The schedule is not yet posted... just asking that when it gets put out that it goes everywhere...

            Unlike a few events that have email lists that are still "officially" there but they never post to anymore because they made a Facebook page for them. Some events had their own websites and opted, because they can do it for free, to go to a Facebook page.

            I am on the committee for a convention that was this weekend. WE have two active email lists, a website, a FaceBook page, a Flickr group a Deviant Art group and a Live Journal group. I am just saying that using more media is better. What i like about the Live Journal group is that LJ now has cross posting with a click to multiple other networking sites for pages or groups there. Some other sites are offering this too.

            I know supposedly no one uses LJ anymore but I still love it.
            Cherry

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 25, 2012
              No not Dec. 8!!! Drop it one more week to the 15th please! You know how long it takes to grow a white beard? I'll never be done in time. Plus I'm committed the 8th.

              Blue Santa

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 25, 2012
                Dec 8 is Hannikiah. Like the first day of it. Most of us jewish families have to be home for mandantory family fun. I have a sad if we stick with that date.
                -Cherry santa
              • feyqueenmab
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 28, 2012
                  So not being on Facebook means I'm technologically challenged? I thought it was because I was already on Yahoogroups, Flickr, LiveJournal, Blogger, PhotoBucket, email, and about fifty Forums and don't *need* a Facebook account. Huh.

                  Ah, don't sweat it. This year my job has me working ALL the weekends in December and I can't get out of it so I won't be able to get my Santa on, anyway.

                  I do think that having Santarchy on the first night of Hanukkah is not a good idea, though.

                  But since the SantaCon group is doing their thing on the 15th, I get why we'd be aiming for the 8th.

                  I miss the chatter on this group. C'mon, Santas! Feel free to HoHoHo it up over here on Yahoo groups!

                  --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

                  > i will be sending smoke signals to inform the technology challenged.
                  >

                  > Babs
                  >

                  > To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: lohrbarkley@...
                  > Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:17:24 -0800
                  > Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Ho HO uH-Oh!!!
                  >

                  > All important announcements about Santarchy will continue to post to this list as well as the Facebook. The goal is to inform everyone.
                  >

                  > Ho Ho uH-Oh!
                  >

                  > -Mega Santa

                • Michelle Vollmar Powers
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 28, 2012

                    You obviously don’t know Babs.  Take a joke Santa :  )~      You sound pretty busy, so you may need to take a breath too.  Stop in late if you can, otherwise early.  Hope to see you.

                    ~Many previous versions of--Santa

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 28, 2012
                      making a list.........

                      i really dont why Lohr even bothers, he just gets ripped on for the date, for the schedule, for the weather, for busses running late, for drunk HO's, for HO's that aren't drunk enough, etc, etc.  (not to mention the 'bar decor theft' that occurred during one outing. tsk, tsk santas).
                      there is a ton of work that goes into the planning and executing of this day of mayhem, and somehow Lohr &/or his little helpers pull it off every year.

                      i'm sure the schedule will be published once its finalized, but to put out something prematurely just causes more chaos.

                      so join in with glee, or stay home and pout.  for those who cannot attend, there are lots of other opportunites to get into the holiday spirits (pun intended).

                       Babs

                      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                      From: michelle@...
                      Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:39:29 -0600
                      Subject: RE: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: Ho HO uH-Oh!!!

                      You obviously don’t know Babs.  Take a joke Santa :  )~      You sound pretty busy, so you may need to take a breath too.  Stop in late if you can, otherwise early.  Hope to see you.

                      ~Many previous versions of--Santa

                      So not being on Facebook means I'm technologically challenged? I thought it was because I was already on Yahoogroups, Flickr, LiveJournal, Blogger, PhotoBucket, email, and about fifty Forums and don't *need* a Facebook account. Huh.

                      Ah, don't sweat it. This year my job has me working ALL the weekends in December and I can't get out of it so I won't be able to get my Santa on, anyway.

                      I do think that having Santarchy on the first night of Hanukkah is not a good idea, though.

                      But since the SantaCon group is doing their thing on the 15th, I get why we'd be aiming for the 8th.

                      I miss the chatter on this group. C'mon, Santas! Feel free to HoHoHo it up over here on Yahoo groups!

                      --- In stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com, barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

                      > i will be sending smoke signals to inform the technology challenged.
                      >

                      > Babs
                      >

                      > To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: lohrbarkley@...
                      > Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:17:24 -0800
                      > Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Ho HO uH-Oh!!!
                      >

                      > All important announcements about Santarchy will continue to post to this list as well as the Facebook. The goal is to inform everyone.
                      >

                      > Ho Ho uH-Oh!
                      >

                      > -Mega Santa

                    • Cheryl Wilson
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 28, 2012
                        Babs, you couldn't have said it better...

                        On 11/28/12, barbara tabor <barbaratabor@...> wrote:

                        > making a list.........
                        >
                        > i really dont why Lohr even bothers, he just gets ripped on for the date,
                        > for the schedule, for the weather, for busses running late, for drunk HO's,
                        > for HO's that aren't drunk enough, etc, etc. (not to mention the 'bar decor
                        > theft' that occurred during one outing. tsk, tsk santas).
                        > there is a ton of work that goes into the planning and executing of this day
                        > of mayhem, and somehow Lohr &/or his little helpers pull it off every year.
                        >
                        > i'm sure the schedule will be published once its finalized, but to put out
                        > something prematurely just causes more chaos.
                        >
                        > so join in with glee, or stay home and pout. for those who cannot attend,
                        > there are lots of other opportunites to get into the holiday spirits (pun
                        > intended).
                        >

                        > Babs
                        >

                        > To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: michelle@...
                        > Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:39:29 -0600
                        > Subject: RE: [stlouis_santarchy] Re: Ho HO uH-Oh!!!
                        >

                        > You obviously don’t know Babs. Take a joke Santa : )~ You sound
                        > pretty busy, so you may need to take a breath too. Stop in late if you can,
                        > otherwise early. Hope to see you.
                        > ~Many previous versions of--Santa

                      • feyqueenmab
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 29, 2012
                          Hey! Santa's just putting her two cents in!
                          This used to be a discussion forum!

                          As for joining in with glee or staying home to pout, this Santa will be doing neither. This Santa will be stuck at work.

                          Lohr always does a good job, and I am not ragging on him, just sharing my opinion, and bemoaning my fate as Retail Worker Santa this year.

                          But if ragging on me is the only way to get a conversation going over here, then so be it.

                          Retail Worker Santa

                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 30, 2012
                            And this Santa will be with her in-laws at an amazing Hanukkah dinner. And then bed as I work the next morning.

                            As far as earlier... for two stops before I have to be at family party... why? I really would love to reconnect with people I usually see around 6pm at the stops. But as I will be somewhere else I will have to wait another year to see them. Big sad face.

                            No I am not missing my holiday festivities... actually TOOO MANY especially when step daughter birthday is Dec 15 so December too busy for me to actually fit this stuff in anyway! But really wanted to see some certain friends that I haven't seen in quite a while due to being the over committed person that I am.

                            Cherry