RE: [stlouis_santarchy] Metro Fares

  • Michelle Vollmar Powers
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010

      Yep.  Santa’s got lap.

      From: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com [mailto:stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cheryl Wilson
      Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 2:08 PM
      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [stlouis_santarchy] Metro Fares

      We sit on each other's laps...Barro..you can sit on my lap anytime...

      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
      From: snowreport123@...
      Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:22:15 -0600

      Someone on Facebook brought up a point that is probably worth asking about.. Considering how many people are confirmed to be going, and I know one person who said she knows another 10 people going that just heard about this from the RFT press last year,  what happens if the bus is full? I've never ridden a bus before in St. Louis ..

      Thanks,

      Barro

      On 12/8/2010 12:15 PM, barbara tabor wrote:

      for those who havent done this, the MetroLink & bus rides are a big part of this experience & loads of fun!

      the day pass is now $7.50.  this may not be your best option.
      plan ahead - correct change will make the mass transit experience easier.

      metro from U-city to Union Station  $2.25
      metro from 8th & pine to civic center, bus to 12th & russel  - Two Hour pass $2.75
      bus from soulard to grand - $2
      total $7, and very few will make beginning to end.

      http://www.metrostlouis.org/Fares/FareChart.asp

       Babs

      .

    • Rob
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010
        Thanks very much.

        As for the weather, so far there's an 80% chance of rain Saturday. Bring your umbrellas! Last year I got stuck on my motorcycle in 30-some-odd degree weather in pouring rain back to my house. One of the worst experiences in my life! Lesson learned.

        Barro

        On 12/8/2010 1:29 PM, barbara tabor wrote:

        not everyone rides the bus/trains (usually because they are only joining for a few stops)

        in addition to the #73 for the civic center to soulard:
        the #10 is also scheduled for 9:01 and will drop you at gravios & 13th (.12 miles to Nadines).
        the #8 is scheduled for 9:11 and will drop you at 12th & russell (about .10 mile to Nadines).

        the only other bus is the #30 from soulard to south grand area.  at this point, i seriously doubt there are more than a bus full of santas moving on.
        note:   its actually 7th street that #30 comes down, but most people think its broadway - misinformation will not work with phone apps.
        you can catch the #30 Geyer & 7th at 12:29, you do not have to walk the extra 2+ blocks to the market.

        remember to plan on how you are getting home or have an alternate place to crash for the night.
        the metro link and buses stop around 1am.  check the schedules you would want to use.
        some people leave a car at the last stop they plan to make - this requires a sober driver, which are rare.
        you can get estimates cab costs ahead of time.
        Laclede Cab charges:  $2.00 for the "flag rate" (the initial 1/10 mile), $2.00 per additional mile
        and there is a per person charge for more than 1.

        if you plan relies on your group, what will you do if they bail early, or you want to bail early.
        you definitely need a plan B for this.

        santarchy seems to bring weather that messes with vehicle travel.
        this makes cab's harder to come by and buses run late & on alternate schedules.
        you may want to have a plan B for this.

        Mama Claus

        To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010
          Our entire crew bugs out before Busses  come into play... My man will only be there for first two stops as he works after that. And I do not know if I can make it at all as I have the Cripple and Crud right now.

          Cherry the Lolly Santa

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010
            Shouldn't that be  "Santa got lap" ?

            We sit on each other's laps...Barro..you can sit on my lap anytime...

            To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com