RE: [stlouis_santarchy] StL Santarchy 2010 Google route

  • Cheryl Wilson
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010
      This is wonderful! Thank you Satan Caz...er..I mean Santa Caz!

      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
      From: stlouisburn@...
      Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 15:31:10 -0800
      Subject: [stlouis_santarchy] StL Santarchy 2010 Google route

      Caz Santa has compiled this wonderful Google link.
      Thank you Caz Santa!!!

      Map link

      Ho Ho, oH-Oh!!!

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010
        for those who havent done this, the MetroLink & bus rides are a big part of this experience & loads of fun!

        the day pass is now $7.50.  this may not be your best option.

        plan ahead - correct change will make the mass transit experience easier.

        metro from U-city to Union Station  $2.25

        metro from 8th & pine to civic center, bus to 12th & russel  - Two Hour pass $2.75

        bus from soulard to grand - $2

        total $7, and very few will make beginning to end.

        http://www.metrostlouis.org/Fares/FareChart.asp

         Babs

        .

      • Rob

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010
            not everyone rides the bus/trains (usually because they are only joining for a few stops)

            in addition to the #73 for the civic center to soulard:
            the #10 is also scheduled for 9:01 and will drop you at gravios & 13th (.12 miles to Nadines).
            the #8 is scheduled for 9:11 and will drop you at 12th & russell (about .10 mile to Nadines).

            the only other bus is the #30 from soulard to south grand area.  at this point, i seriously doubt there are more than a bus full of santas moving on.
            note:   its actually 7th street that #30 comes down, but most people think its broadway - misinformation will not work with phone apps.
            you can catch the #30 Geyer & 7th at 12:29, you do not have to walk the extra 2+ blocks to the market.

            remember to plan on how you are getting home or have an alternate place to crash for the night.
            the metro link and buses stop around 1am.  check the schedules you would want to use.
            some people leave a car at the last stop they plan to make - this requires a sober driver, which are rare.
            you can get estimates cab costs ahead of time.
            Laclede Cab charges:  $2.00 for the "flag rate" (the initial 1/10 mile), $2.00 per additional mile
            and there is a per person charge for more than 1.

            if you plan relies on your group, what will you do if they bail early, or you want to bail early.
            you definitely need a plan B for this.

            santarchy seems to bring weather that messes with vehicle travel.
            this makes cab's harder to come by and buses run late & on alternate schedules.
            you may want to have a plan B for this.

            Mama Claus

            To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010
              We sit on each other's laps...Barro..you can sit on my lap anytime...

              To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
              From: snowreport123@...
              Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:22:15 -0600

[...]

            • Michelle Vollmar Powers
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010

                Yep.  Santa’s got lap.

                We sit on each other's laps...Barro..you can sit on my lap anytime...

                To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010
                    Our entire crew bugs out before Busses  come into play... My man will only be there for first two stops as he works after that. And I do not know if I can make it at all as I have the Cripple and Crud right now.

                    Cherry the Lolly Santa

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 8, 2010
                      Shouldn't that be  "Santa got lap" ?

                      We sit on each other's laps...Barro..you can sit on my lap anytime...

                      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com