Fw: UGB Performance this Friday!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2010

      The Unseen Ghost Brigade!

      Tours the Mississippi River in 2010

      and will perform our show:

      Death on the Mississippi

      and

      the Adventures of the Unseen Ghost Brigade

      ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15TH, AT 5:30PM

      in TOWER GROVE PARK, ST. LOUIS, MO

      by the SCOSAG Building

      4255 Arsenal Street

      The Unseen Ghost Brigade is a non-profit, theatrical ensemble from Minnesota. This year, we have built a raft that is our home and are touring an ecologically-based, river history/ghost-story performance.

      In June we began floating both the raft and the performance 2,000 miles south down The Mississippi from Minneapolis to New Orleans (a 6 month journey) to share stories, art, and an appreciation of the River through free street performances in over 100 towns, cities and riverbanks along the way.

      Mission: Our mission is to provide free, theatrical and circus-based impromptu  street performances. Our goals are to:

      • Reach communities who have little to no access to live theatre
      • Explore the history & impacts of industry on the Mississippi River
      • Resurrect the ghosts of forgotten people, communities, and ways of life

      The impetus for this project comes from the Mississippi itself. The River has been controlled and polluted by the forces of industry for two hundred years. In 1811, the first steamboat trudged down the River, the same year the New Madrid Earthquake caused the River to flow backward. Since then, the forces of industry and of control have attempted to dominate the Mississippi, turning its waters into a highway for barges. Great suffering has come from these attempts, and great suffering will continue until we reckon with our past.

      We are taking a stand. Since 2009, the Unseen Ghost Brigade has been working to resurrect the ghosts of the past; they have come back to haunt the living with laughter, storytelling, and clown. We come to share a dream that things have not always been the way they are now, and that the present does not need to be the future.

      To connect with us along the way, contact us:

      Nature is poetry alive...

      Sincerely,

      The Unseen Ghost Brigade