RE: [stlouis_santarchy] Santarchy route

  • Cheryl Wilson
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2010
      Trust me...(or at least partially trust me..) I know Bottleworks, Red Lion, Boogaloo, The Post and Jive and Wail would love to have us....and I'm guessing The Wood, formerly known as Deluxe would enjoy our company...Bottleworks, Boogaloo, and Jive and Wail could  I think could hold us...Red Lion would be tight...but anything is better than last year at the Terrace View...

      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
      From: barbaratabor@...
      Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 20:32:02 -0500
      Subject: RE: [stlouis_santarchy] Santarchy route

      60+ santa's in a place that's already full with diners and probably has a legal limit of about 40 is not a good mix.
      i believe this was to be an outdoor stop and a photo op, with the possibility of a cocktail.  but mother nature is a bitch.
      lesson learned.  (there had never been a rain issue before, snow, sleet, ice, yes, but not rain)

      in fact, when considering stops, i think large capacity or multiple bars together is needed later in the day/evening.
      since most (all) of the maplewood places i can think are not that large, they would need to be early in the route.

      there has also been discussion about splitting the routes, especially since the group has grown so large.
      2 different starting routes, the 2 groups converge for a few stops, then split again with 2 different ending routes.
      this means more people planning and more people keeping the santa's on schedule (which is very similar to herding cats - drunk cats)
      there is a lot more work behind this mobile drunk than is apparent, its only noticed when the plan hits glitches.
      so if you think you have what it takes to plan &/or lead a route (or portion of), give Lohr a holler.  maybe we can successfully pull off a multi-archy.

      xoxox,
      Grandma Claus

      To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
      From: snowreport123@...
      Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 19:14:09 -0500

      I vote for some maplewood stops as well, if we're voting.

      On 10/8/2010 4:51 PM, Lisa Molnar wrote:

      Haha...yeah I remember they actually kicked us out of there & those kids eating dinner with their parents were scared!
      I agree Maplewood would be a fun change in the mix.

      On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 3:34 PM, joshua hart <clockwork_god@...> wrote:

      I think we should ditch the one in the art park down town the terreice view or what ever, they seemed to not like us at all.

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2010
        'Love' = drink specials/discounts  &/or  free food  &/or  some type of free entertainment
        we dont stay in one spot long, so they are slammed for 30-40 minutes, then we're gone
        i'm not sure they make that much $$ from our visit, but it could build repeat business.

        if i owned a restaurant - especially a nice restaurant, i too would be more concerned with my dining customers than with people coming in for 1 drink.   a swarm of inebriated santas, during dinner hours, might not be that desirable at any place that is primarily a restaurant.  so plan accordingly for such venues - make it earlier or later.  be honest with the 'boss' as to what they can expect.  test the waters and see what you can negotiate.
        if Maplewood is a kickoff location or an end of the night location, the dinner time issue can be avoided.

        ps - i love the maplewood venues, plus its central and has good public trans access.  i've lobbied for it in the past.  if you can bring some deals to the table i think we can sway the council of cloistered santas.

         Babs

        To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
        From: cheryl52199@...
        Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 04:25:25 +0000

        To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 10, 2010
          unfortunately the Jive and Wail closed in Maplewood...but Jim and I will start asking around....thanks for this informative email..it is a good way to describe things and say hey, we aren't going to be here long, but if you can have some food set up already that will help....blahblahblah..plus it is a bit of 'free publicity' for them...pics will be taken and posted that sort of thing

          To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

          From: cheryl52199@...
          Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 04:25:25 +0000

          To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 10, 2010
            definitely good P.R.
            and for some clubs we are good entertainment.  i have soulard friends who go to the Shanti & Molly's just to watch the arrival of the santas (and have a few drinks).

            my 3 cents (inflation) is maplewood would make a good early leg.

             Babs

            To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
            From: cheryl52199@...
            Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 15:04:45 +0000