Fw: Cinco de Mayo - Cherokee Parade

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2010
      Happy Cinco de Mayo!
      Only a few days left until the parade and the weather looks clear.  I am looking forward to finishing up my costume today.
      I want to send you a reminder about the events of the parade day.

      -Meet at noon at Black Forest Parking Lot
      -Parade Route is here...  http://cincodemayostl.com/parade.html
      -If you know anyone who is coming that is not signed up, tell them to come early between 11am and noon.
      -We will start promptly at 1:11pm.
      -The parade is approximately 45mins long.
      -End at the lot by Globe Drug.  You can take pictures of your group there.
      -Let me know if you want a photographer to take your picture.

      -Bus drop off /Bike line up is best located through the alley south on Michigan right after the intersection of Cherokee and Michigan.  (It backs up to the Black Forest Lot)
      -Bus Pick Up is best behind Globe Drug at Texas.

      RELEASE FORMS  Have you/your group filled out a release form?  If not, I've attached the adult and youth release forms.  Be sure to bring these the day of the parade to help us save time and paper.

      We will provide bottled water at the beginning and end of the parade.
      There are bathrooms at CAMP before the parade 3026 Cherokee St. or at the port-a-potties with the festival at the end of the parade.

      We are still looking for support for face painters, people to hold gigantes, and general lot volunteers.   Please pass on my contact if you know anyone that would like to help.

      Friday I will be making a parade handout flyer that announces each group/participant in the parade.  If you have anyone that you would like to be included in this flyer that is not listed below on the press release, or you have not already sent me the names of, please do so by Friday.

      Un abrazo,
      Sarah Paulsen

      Hear Ye! Oye!  Please join us for the 2nd Annual “People’s Joy Parade”: An Art Processional Celebrating the Diversity of  Zocalo Cherokee.  You are very invited to participate and /or watch this Wowzer of a feel-good street celebration.   On the heels of our exceedingly successful grassroots fund-raising campaign, we are energized to share the home made costumes, gigantes, and songs, grown out of our workshops! Don’t hold back from getting involved you can show up in costume the day of, help us carry Gigante puppets, be a facepainter, or volunteer.

      >Saturday May 8th 2010 starting at 1:11pm as a part of the Cherokee Street Cinco de Mayo Celebration.
      >Meet at the Black Forest Parking Lot at Noon to march. We will be walking on and around Cherokee Street.   Parade Route is online athttp://cincodemayostl.com/parade.html%c2%a0%c2%a0.%c2%a0%c2%a0
      >Aeriality of the Bumbershoot School
      >C.A.M.P. Costume Shop Kids
      >Carver Motor Scooters
      >The Carmen Mirandas
      >Celestial Theater
      >Cherokee Real Garden
      >Cinco de Volvo
      >Footbeat Choir led by Celia Shacklett
      >Fort Gondo Float
      >Grace Space Girls
      >Gigantes of Wesley Fordyce
      >Harris Stowe Drumline
      >IRE Moped Crew
      >Luchador Collab-O-Mask Artists
      >March of Femicides led by Amanda Madoux
      >Members of the Banana Bike Brigade
      >Roosevelt Marching Band
      >Show Me Rhythms
      >St. Cecilia’s Dancers
      >St. Louis Language Immersion School
      >And The Procession of Artists Featuring
      >Lauren Adams
      >Artica Founders Nita Turnage and Hap Phillips
      >Augratin Press
      >Melissa Breed
      >Irene Compadre
      >Digger Blaque
      >Bob Hartzell
      >Emily Hemeyer
      >Bill Krantz
      >Deanna Kiel
      >Minerva Lopez
      >Laura Mart
      >Katie Mac
      >Ariane Moore
      >Mark Pagano
      >Mike Pagano
      >Sarah Paulsen
      >Billy Paulsen
      >Jake Petersen
      >Rebecca Rivas
      >Bill Russell
      >Travis Russell
      >Eric and Mina Repice
      >Lyndsey Scott
      >Jenny Shriner
      >Mike Stasny
      >Amy Van Donsel
      >Ann-Maree and Jason Walker
      >Ben West
      >Peat and Kris Wollaeger
      >Davide Wolk
      >Willy Zep
      >Why:  Because… parades recognize the importance of the people who make up a community and it’s sort of like the Music Man come to life.
      >Contact  ***TO PARTICIPATE: If you want to march in the parade, please contact coordinator Sarah Paulsen at pintorasp@... or visit http://stlcamp.org/peoples_joy_parade_2010
      >C.A.M.P. = The Community Arts and Movement Project 3026 Cherokee Street
      Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how.

      the Art of Peat Wollaeger

      VIDEOS: http://vimeo.com/user743402/videos
      STORE: http://buyart.stensoul.com/
      FLICKR: http://flickr.com/stensoul/