S t L S A N T A R C H Y 2009 - You Better Watch Out!!!

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 8, 2009
      HO HO uH-Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santarchy is coming to town!

      It's time for St. Louis' own version of the time-honored tradition of Santarchy. "What is Santarchy?" you say? Santarchy is better experienced than explained, but I'll tell you this. Saturday December 12th, all those with the affinity for the FrEaKy, the curiosity of the CrAzY are invited to get dressed up in a Santa Suit and join us in celebration of and/or protestation to the holiday season.

      Dress as your own inner Santa or whatever other holidayesque outfit you create and join us for an all day march all around St. Louis spreading holiday cheer and presents. Yes, presents too. If you come across the mob of Santa's on December 20th you will most likely leave with a gift. Previous gifts have included candy-canes, lumps of coal, mutant toys, vegetables, special prizes, and many other twisted gifts for the naughty and nice little boys and girls.

      Santas shall stomp, stumble and spit across the city while chanting, "You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out!..." Come rampage through the city. All are welcome

      So get your Santa Suit on and come join us for StL Santarchy 2009.

      StL SANTARCHY
      December 12th, 2009

      University City
      11:30 Bar Cicero's
      12:30 Bar Blueberry Hill
      1:25 Metro Delmar -> Union Station Eastbound

      Union Station
      1:45 Bar Key West
      2:30 Bar Union Station Lobby Bar

      Locust Ave.
      3:30 Bar Tin Can, Downtown
      4:15 Bar El Borracho

      Washington Ave.
      5:00 Photo The City Museum
      5:05 Bar Cabin Inn the City
      5:45 Bar Rue 13
      6:30 Bar Flamingo Bowl

      Downtown
      7:15 Bar Jack Patrick's
      7:55 Photo Photo Op City Gardens
      8:00 Bar The Terrace View
      8:43 Metro 8th & Pine -> Civic Center
      9:00 Bus #59 14th & Spruce -> 12th & Russell

      Soulard
      9:30 Bar Nadine's Gin Joint
      10:05 Bar The Shanti
      10:40 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
      11:15 Bar Bar Molly's
      12:07 Bus Soulard Farmers Market/Broadway
      #30 Soulard -> Arsenal/Grand

      South Grand
      12:30 Bar CBGBs
      1:10 Bar Mangia Italiano
      1:50 Bar Barbarella
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 8, 2009
        The schedule has a small change.

        The bar Brussone's has backed out. I guess they heard a rumor that this would be a BIG group of drunken Santas, and they wanted nothing to do with it. It's okay, we have an alternate, Jack Patrick's. It's on the same block downtown, and is giving us free food.

        The just posted and on-line schedules include the update, although the paper versions spreading around town do NOT. Therefore, Santa, please pass the word, Jack Patrick's, not Brussone's at 7:15pm.

        Ho Ho uH-Oh!!!
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 8, 2009
          In case someone wanted some more specific information about the bars we are attending, different formats of the same spreadsheet has been uploaded to the yahoo group containing the drink specials, the bar address and their web site. I'll include that below as well, Although the formatting will be UGLY!!!

          Ho Ho uh-Oh!

          NAME DEAL
          Cicero's 1/2 Priced Apps, $1 off X-Mas Ales & a special $2 Shot
          Blueberry Hill $3 Buds, $3.50 Jagger & Cuervo
          Key West Café 1/2 aps $3 jager $3 rail $2.75 domestics
          The Union Station Bar No Deal
          Tin Can Happy Hour Beer/Rail/Apps
          El Borracho $2 Pints $3 Sangria $4 Margaritas 1$ Tacos 5$ Burritos & Quesadialls
          Cabin Inn the City 2$ PBR 4$ Schlafly
          Rue 13 No Deal
          Flamingo Bowl No Deal
          Jack Patricks Free Food
          The Terrace View No Deal
          Nadine's Free Food Buffet
          The Shanti Free Pizza
          1864's Hardshell Cafe $2.50 Bottled Beers $2.50 Barnett Bombs $2.50 Wells
          Molly's $3 Peppermint Schnapps
          CBGB's No Deal
          Mangia Italiano $2.00 PBR
          Upstairs Lounge/Barbarella No Deal

          NAME ADDRESS WEB
          Cicero's 6691 Delmar http://www.ciceros-stl.com/
          Blueberry Hill 6504 Delmar http://www.blueberryhill.com/
          Key West Café Union Station South http://www.stlouisunionstation.com/go/fb/guide/store.cfm?storeID=2137028717
          The Union Station Bar Union Station North http://www.stlouisunionstation.com/info/grandHall.cfm
          Tin Can 1909 Locust www.tincantavern.com
          El Borracho 2001 Locust http://www.elborrachostl.com/
          Cabin Inn the City 701 N. 15th Street
          Rue 13 1311 Washington Ave http://www.rue13stl.com/
          Flamingo Bowl 1117 Washington Ave http://www.flamingobowl.net/
          Jack Patricks 1000 Olive http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/dsp_restaurant_zoom.cfm/flat/ID=178641
          The Terrace View
          Nadine's 1931 12th St. http://www.nadinesginjoint.com/
          The Shanti 9th & Allen http://www.theshanti.com/
          1864's Hardshell Cafe 9th & Geyer http://www.soularddining.com/?D=2+l86OSaloon
          Molly's 816 Geyer http://www.mollysinsoulard.com/
          CBGB's 3163 S Grand Blvd http://www.myspace.com/cbgbstl
          Mangia Italiano 3145 S Grand Blvd. http://www.dineatmangia.com/
          Upstairs Lounge/Barbarella 3131 S Grand Blvd http://www.myspace.com/barbarella_mekong
        • Michelle Vollmar Powers
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 9, 2009

          The exec asst in me kicked in and I just had to have all this info on one page (in case of a shot, beer, or food emergency – you know how it can be). ANYway… I’ve attached it for anyone else interested.  It’s unedited, except for the fact that I didn’t like those two little words “no deal,” so I took them out.  Who is showing such lack of concern for the jolly (wo)man and so D-U-M as to not offer cookies and milk to SANTA!!!???!!!!!   I’ll just let the reindeer leave them “presents.”

          ~OCD Santa  !hooked on cookies and milk!!

          #30 Soulard -> Arsenal/Grand

          South Grand
          12:30 Bar CBGBs
          1:10 Bar Mangia Italiano
          1:50 Bar Barbarella

        • James E. Semar, CEBS
          Message 5 of 13 , Dec 9, 2009
            michellevis -- you da bomb!
            p.s. have some meds for my adhd, but not sure they're effective on ocd

            springer santa

            ________________________________

            #30 Soulard -> Arsenal/Grand

            South Grand
            12:30 Bar CBGBs
            1:10 Bar Mangia Italiano
            1:50 Bar Barbarella
            Message 6 of 13 , Dec 9, 2009
              Strong work Michelle,  Thank you!

              -Lohr

              [Attachment(s) from Michelle Vollmar Powers included below]

              #30 Soulard -> Arsenal/Grand

              South Grand
              12:30 Bar CBGBs
              1:10 Bar Mangia Italiano
              1:50 Bar Barbarella

              1 of 1 File(s)

            • Deech
              Message 7 of 13 , Dec 10, 2009
                Google Map updated.

                =-deech

                Message 8 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009
                  Deech, You are a rockstar!

                  What is the link to find the google map again?

                  -Lohr

                  Message 9 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009
                    Forget about rock stars.
                    pro-golf is where all the action is.

                     Babs

                    To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com
                    From: stlouisburn@...
                    Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:17:52 -0800
                    Subject: Re: [stlouis_santarchy] S t L S A N T A R C H Y 2009 - UPDATE

                    Message 10 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009
                      http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=114342845698283952546.000479540c185c92e082c&ll=38.626795,-90.33783&spn=0.244342,0.528374&z=12

                      so stoked for tomorrow!

                      -deech

                      From: stlouisburn@...
                      Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:17:52 -0800

                      Deech, You are a rockstar!

                      What is the link to find the google map again?

                      -Lohr

                      > > The bar Brussone's has backed out.  I guess they
                      > heard a rumor that this would be a BIG group of drunken
                      > Santas, and they wanted nothing to do with it.  It's okay,
                      > we have an alternate, Jack Patrick's.  It's on the same
                      > block downtown, and is giving us free food.
                      > >
                      > > The just posted and on-line schedules include the
                      > update, although the paper versions spreading around town do
                      > NOT.  Therefore, Santa, please pass the word, Jack
                      > Patrick's, not Brussone's at 7:15pm.
                      > >
                      > > Ho Ho uH-Oh!!!

                      >     stlouis_santarchy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    • Jeep
                      Message 11 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009

                        That map works great on my Droid.. sweet...

                        On Dec 11, 2009 8:02 PM, "Deech" <deech@...> wrote:

                        Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID require...

                      • joshua hart
                        Message 12 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009
                          IS it just me or does that look like the clawed hand of black peter reaching over the city.....

                          From: stlouisburn@ yahoo.com
                          Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:17:52 -0800