Typo in the Schedule!

  • Deech
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 26, 2009
      Lohr,

      I was mapping out the schedule in google maps (to be posted when I
      finish), but I found a typo.
      In the Downtown section you have:

      8:53 Metro 8th & Pine -> Civic Center
      9:00 Bus

      That should be :

      8:43 Metro 8th & Pine -> Civic Center

      Which puts us at the Civic Center at 8:46. The next metro train after
      that is 9:13, which misses our bus.

      -Santa Deech
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 28, 2009
        i dont think that was a typo. the blue train (newer line) stops at 8th & Pine at 8:43,
        the red train (orig line) stops at 8:53 arriving Civic Center 8:56.
        http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroLink/tt/MLWkend033009.pdf

         Babs

        To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 29, 2009
            I am so glad you all are so on top of the following through with this.
            Deech, your map is fantastic, and getting more so every post.

            8:53 Metro 8th & Pine -> Civic Center
            9:00 Bus #59 14th & Spruce -> 12th & Russell

            Yes, it is not a typo. The plan is to heard the Santa's from the train to the Bus in the scheduled four minutes. It is a transfer station, all located together. Of course, now that you mention it, that may be difficult. The down side is, Santa's standing around the bus station for 14 minutes can feel like an eternity.

            I believe the reality shall be at least some vanguard of Santa's must make the earlier 8:43 train and guarantee the bus is not missed.

            -Lohr

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 29, 2009
              As you say. I'll change the map back.

              However, still playing devils advocate here: What if we left it at
              8:43, which would be easier for the transfer, but know that we have
              the 8:53 in our hip pocket in case of tardy santas?

              Also, I don't think that playing Santa Cuddle Pile at the bus stop for
              10 minutes while we wait is all that bad. We did that hour or so a
              couple years back and that was fun. :)

              =Deech

              On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Lohr <stlouisburn@...> wrote:
              > I am so glad you all are so on top of the following through with this.
              > Deech, your map is fantastic, and getting more so every post.
              >
              >  8:53 Metro    8th & Pine -> Civic Center
              >  9:00 Bus      #59 14th & Spruce -> 12th & Russell
              >

              > Yes, it is not a typo.  The plan is to heard the Santa's from the train to the Bus in the scheduled four minutes.  It is a transfer station, all located together.  Of course, now that you mention it, that may be difficult.  The down side is, Santa's standing around the bus station for 14 minutes can feel like an eternity.
              >
              > I believe the reality shall be at least some vanguard of Santa's must make the earlier 8:43 train and guarantee the bus is not missed.
              >
              > -Lohr

            • Rhiannon
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 30, 2009
                whatever happens, please send out a revised schedule if and if not any changes so we know we have the latest ; )

                - Rhiannon

                www.RhiannonsArbor.com

                On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Lohr <stlouisburn@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                > I am so glad you all are so on top of the following through with this.
                > Deech, your map is fantastic, and getting more so every post.
                >
                >  8:53 Metro    8th & Pine -> Civic Center
                >  9:00 Bus      #59 14th & Spruce -> 12th & Russell
                >

                > Yes, it is not a typo.  The plan is to heard the Santa's from the train to the Bus in the scheduled four minutes.  It is a transfer station, all located together.  Of course, now that you mention it, that may be difficult.  The down side is, Santa's standing around the bus station for 14 minutes can feel like an eternity.
                >
                > I believe the reality shall be at least some vanguard of Santa's must make the earlier 8:43 train and guarantee the bus is not missed.
                >
                > -Lohr

              • James E. Semar, CEBS
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 30, 2009
                  yeah -- this is a really cool map, deech
                  is there a way to print from google & get the locations highlighted on the map?
                  springer santa

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 30, 2009
                    Other then using the print link in the right upper corner, I don't know.

                    If that's not doing what you think it should, then you got me. :)

                    -deech

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
                      Sorry that I have been sooooo busy with "Stuff", that I did not catch the date for the "santas".
                      This incluides volunteering at Larry Rice for Thanksgiving!
                      Stupid Question, when is the "santas"-day?????
                      Silly Me!
                      Bev

                      From: deech@ninjacow. net
                      Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:44:22 -0600

                      Lohr,

                      I was mapping out the schedule in google maps (to be posted when I
                      finish), but I found a typo.
                      In the Downtown section you have:

                      8:53 Metro 8th & Pine -> Civic Center
                      9:00 Bus

                      That should be :

                      8:43 Metro 8th & Pine -> Civic Center

                      Which puts us at the Civic Center at 8:46. The next metro train after
                      that is 9:13, which misses our bus.

                      -Santa Deech

                    • Michelle Vollmar Powers
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009

                        The day of the almighty santas is 12/12

                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
                          Hello, I just moved and will be spending my nights unpacking, figuring what to do with stuff I don't need, releasing things etc. as well as preparing for next year classes I will be teaching. So I will not be attending your santarchy group but if I can get a small group in Springfield, IL to go to a few bars then I will be sharing in spirit.

                          But I will try to make the St. Louis Artica on 19th. Who else is going?

                          - Rhiannon

                          www.RhiannonsArbor.com

                          -