St. L Santarchy-introduction

  • Rhiannon
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 25, 2009
      Hello All Jolly folks,

      I hope to attend my first Santarchy fest in Dec. and can't wait to see you all. I will be coming from Springfield, IL. Time to start making an outfit. So please clue me in on what to do, whats expected. I heard we give gifts, so how does that work...

      Tigger Skylar aka
      - Rhiannon

      www.RhiannonsArbor.com

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 25, 2009
        Expect to have more fun than you thought was possible.
        if you consume adult beverages, expect that you will not be able to drive aftewards.
        expect to spend all your money, even though there are lots of bargains to be had at the stopping points, $5 spent many times adds up.

        i give out trinkets and candies.  i dont wrap them.
        some folks re-gift interesting/odd things.  they usually do wrap them.  i think they are more fun than my stuff.

        HOHOHO...who you calling a HO?

         Babs

        To: stlouis_santarchy@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 25, 2009
          Well hello we met at Interfuse and Burning Down the River. This is Cherry. So Santas of all types are welcome. Here are some of the ideas I saw last year that I loved....Homeless Santa, Army Santas, Jose Santa, then there were other great costumes... Hanukah Harries for our jewish friends, an Easter Bunny, Union Leader Elf, Raindeer, Jackie Frost, and one that I did not get till I caught up on the series... the new Dr Who. OMG that was funny in July when I got that joke:)

          And as for me I was a Gothic Lolita Santa... Only changing costume slightly for this year:) Can't wait even tho I will be DEAD BROKE and really not able to drink unless others are buying, it will still be a blast, especially with my Hanukah Harry.

          Gifts... trinkets... some gave blinky things, some gave shot glasses on necklaces. Some focused on gifts for passers by some on gifts for the Santas. Gifting is not required but it is nice. I will have some hot hands for people if they need them.

          Last year was my first year but I have done other things like this... remember to plan for the temp and for lot

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 25, 2009
            ack yahoo deleted part of my message... darn yahoo... anyway what the rest said was prepare for a lot of walking between places so comfy shoes and layers to your costume so not too hot inside and not too cold out:) but with the wacky weather lately who knows what the weather will be like:)

            Cherry

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 25, 2009
                I think santa needs a bottle of cheap hooch to pass around on the bus.  Anything that we should avoid?

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 25, 2009
                  perhaps we should think of a strategy for drinkers at bars, like buy santa a drink to get your picture taken with him/her or dare santa to do a body shot. like a bachelorette party

                  - Rhiannon

                  www.RhiannonsArbor.com

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 25, 2009
                    OOOOO I will do body shots!!! and others can do them off of me for a shot:)  I am always game for Body shots!!!!! OH wait I guess I have to ok that with my Hanukah Harry. :)

                    Cherry

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 25, 2009
                      no Taquillia as I am VERY allergic to agave it turns out... I always wondered why Margarittas got me sick. Gin, Rum, Vodka or Bourbon are all good things to have for the CHEEP Hooch:) I personally like Rum the best but what ever is clever is my motto:)

                      Cherry

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 25, 2009

                        I will be coming as an attorney representing those misfortunate youths labeled naughty by the slanderous Mr. Claus.  I will have a class action lawsuit with me for any of you who feel you have been maligned by this figure.  Remember--your rights are being decided for you in this case, so it is best if you get on board now!!!!

                        Murdoch
                      • Gaius
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 26, 2009
                          Will there be a bus to ride around in? Who owns it? Who's going to be sober enough to drive it?

                          Gaius

                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 26, 2009
                            public transpo, Gaius. This all is set up around public transportation:) So the Metro employee's are the sober drivers:) But like Bab's said some people do not drink on this escapade choising instead to have fun laughing at the antics of those who do:) It is sometimes fun to be sober in a group of drunks:) I have friends who will be using public transpo from home so they will not need to even think of driving.

                            Cherry

                            Will there be a bus to ride around in? Who owns it? Who's going to be sober enough to drive it?

                            Gaius

                            --- In stlouis_santarchy@ yahoogroups. com, joshua hart <clockwork_god@ ...> wrote:

                            > I think santa needs a bottle of cheap hooch to pass around on the bus.  Anything that we should avoid?

                          • Rhiannon
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 26, 2009
                              where would be the best place to park to begin and then be taken back to go home? I guess i should check on a burner i can crash with.