Metro considering a "holiday Santa MetroLink train"

  • Andrew J. Chinnici
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2009
      I heard this from Claire-ian the Librarian, one of the organizers of the MetroLink Prom:

      Metro is considering doing a holiday Santa MetroLink train this year, but they want to know that people are interested before they go ahead and make it happen. It would run every Friday and Saturday in December.

      If you would be interested there being a Santa MetroLink train ride in St. Louis, please let them know by e-mailing blog@... or by tweeting with the hashtag #stlholidaytrain. And spread the word! The more they hear the more likely it is to happen.

      I wrote a blog entry about the Santa Express annual El train in Chicago, with photos, if you want to know more about where their inspiration came from and what a holiday train might look like. It's here. (http://curiousfeet.wordpress.com/2009/11/23/metro-will-give-us-a-holiday-train-if-we-tell-them-we-want-it/)

      I'm not entirely sure if and/or how this might effect us. Drunken Santas don't tend to mix well with wholesome Santas.