Free costume class at Jackman's...

  • feyqueenmab
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2009
      Sorry if this is off-topic, but it occurred to me that a Tabard is the perfect kind of costume accessory for Christmas Elves (and even Santas...)

      I work at Jackman's and this year they finally let me teach some Costume Classes in the Sewing Machine department! We ran classes on every Friday for the last four weeks, learning how to make a hooded cloak, a t-tunic/robe, an embroidered candle corset, and a pair of baggy costume pants.

      I have one more class in the "Freaky Friday" series.

      It's tomorrow, October 16th from 11am to 1pm and it is FREE!!

      For our Final Freaky Friday we're learning to make a Tabard, but there's a bonus: If you come for the class, you will get to embroider your Tabard *FOR FREE*!

      A tabard is a very useful garment, particularly if you want to costume as a fantasy knight or medieval character. It's excellent to be a clock-punk era musketeer! It can even be a sideless surcoat for a lady. It can be easily adapted to be an Elf costume if you make it out of green or red-and-green.

      You will get to use our amazing sewing machines and sergers and embroidery machines! You will have to buy your own fabric, so if You want to attend the class please make sure to allow a little extra time for fabric shopping.

      If you want to call in advance to sign up, the number is (314)994-1060.
      Jackman's is open until 9pm tonight, or you can call in the morning to warn us of your arrival. :)

      Oh, yeah:
      Jackman's Fabrics has three locations. This class is being held at the location on Lindbergh between Page and Olive.

      In case you wanted to just come to a random Jackman's sometime to see our wonderful selection of fabrics, the other two locations are as follows:
      McKenzie Point Plaza (The strip mall where McKenzie dead-ends into Watson Road, east of Kenrick plaza and just west of where Chippewa and Watson merge.
      Shrewsbury, MO 63119

      1000 Lincoln Highway
      3/4 mile east of St. Clair Square
      Fairview Heights, IL 62208
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2009
        Thanks for posting about this. This is a wonderful
        opportunity for Santas everywhere.

        -Lohr

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2009
          Nuts!!!! I am in classes learning administration/word/micro soft during those hours! I do know how to sew, embroider, and I sew a lot of 'stuff". I am sewing a mermaid costume for the jefferson underground halloween costume party, october 31. is anyone intereseted?
          bev.