701Re: [stlouis_santarchy] Personal Planning?

  • Deech Mestel
    Dec 14, 2007
      SAFETY PINS??? SAFETY PINS??? Holy smokes, what kind of costumer do
      you take me for? :) Safety pins aren't a design decision, safety pins
      are an emergency measure. ;-) (note the winky face, I'm not poking fun
      at anyone that does use safety pins, I'm poking fun at my own anal
      retentiveness when it comes to my costumes...)

      Heck, if I could bring myself to just slap it together, I'd be done by
      now, but the fersluggen pattern had me stitching the fur down on top,
      with no finished edges. YUCK! I had to figure out how to put a
      finished backing on the fur to hide the seams and not have a big ugly
      line of stitching running down the middle of my fur. Took me about
      three hours longer to prototype and finish, but it looks good. :) But,
      I think the tough bits are done. I just gotta put the collar on and
      tack down some loose bits and the coat is finished. The pants don't
      have any trim, so that's just a matter of some pinning and zipping it
      through the sewing machine. Gotta stop and pick up some goodies for my
      bag and I'll be all set!

      -Deech