288RE: [stlouis_santarchy] S A N T A R C H Y 2006 - Planning
- Nov 16, 2006
i think you're the greatest manager since Tony LaRussa - but many people think he's a mad man too.
- love starting in maplewood - we'll catch the metro in shrewsbury.
- rather not do the landing. love soulard - maybe hit some different bars - not sure what the path was last year. but we go there often, so fine if we skip it.
during the playoffs we found Jack Patrick's at 10th & Olive - not exactly a dive, more of a neighborhood tavern. myabe we could just wander from downtown dive to downtown dive. what's the name of the place across from Keil on Pine? Kelly's? good semi-dive. throw in soemthing upscale like Kitchen K. sooo may options.
of course we could still all parade thru the Sister's of Mercy Holiday party at the ballpark Hilton.
ps - bottleworks, grateful inn, boogaloo are smoke free. maybe it will slow down our smoking.Babs
From: Lohr <stlouisburn@...>
Subject: [stlouis_santarchy] S A N T A R C H Y 2006 - Planning
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:25:38 -0800 (PST)
HO HO uH-Oh!
I'm loving the responses people have been
putting out here. I think the people have
spoken, and here at the three major results
from the posts.
1. Keep it on a Saturday, it will be Dec, 9th.
2. This inclusion of Maplewood seems to be
a pretty popular idea, especially since
the Metrolink gets you there.
3. I believe Washington Ave, is out. The
Cabin Inn was really the best part of that
trip, since it's closed to non-patrons, it
doesn't seem worth it.
I have been perfoming some planning voodoo,
sticking pins in a map on the wall, and here
is what I've come up with. Please get back
to me with what you thgink.
1. Start in Maplewood, probably the
2. Walk to something else close by, maybe
the grateful inn and/or boogaloo's
(BTW, you rock Barabara, thanks
for suggesting all of this.)
3. Metro from there, quick stop in Clayton,
I have NO idea where.
4. Metrolink transfer at Forest Park back track
the U-city Loop. for cicero's and Blueberry Hill
5. Central West End, The pack was supposed to
catch a bus that would go from the hopital to
Maryland, but that fell apart last year. Do
that, for Llewellyn's and of course Rosies.
6. Metrolink to Union Station. Skip Hard Rock
and go straight throught the mall where they
hate us to the Hotel bar where they love us.
7. Now, we walk. It wouldn't be Santarchy without
little walking, across Market St , by the fountain
and go to some dive bar.
8. Walk to the Metro transfer station at 14th
and Clark street and get the bus to Soulard,
or the Metrolink to the Landing.
WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK? PLEASE RESPOND
____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>