278Re: [stlouis_santarchy] S A N T A R C H Y 2006 - Time to begin planning

    Nov 8 2:02 PM
      Weekend is way better than weekday but Friday is both.
      Friday is better than Saturday because of extra buses are running M-F and less on SS.
      The difference is a bus every 30 minutes compared to every hour.
      I think expanding to Mapelwood is a good idea if we can cut out Central West End then we save alot of walk time. Getting to the bars and back from the BJC Metrolink is a trek and a half.
      What would be some decent bars on the new Metrolink track that are close to a station?
      I say skip Hard Rock(too expensive).
      I do like the hotel bar at Union Station cause we met another group of Santas there last year and from my understanding the relationship for discounted drinks is still pretty good.
      From there we can easily hop back on the MetroLink to the ConventionCenter which warrants better bus options.
      There are all new bus routes this time. Pretty much every bus route has changed.
      If we can get off the train around the Convention Center station we should be able to find a way to get on the southbound 40 Broadway or 30 Soulard bus that will take us directly down to the broadway side of Soulard. There are probably some cheap bars around that spot and 2 bus options for going to Soulard that won't require a long walk. Which will work better if we lose track of time or people.

      On 11/8/06, rain <caritasrainbow@...> wrote:

      Well, I think a route change would be cool, esp have
      to change going to the Cabin Inn for a bite since it
      isn't open anymore. BUT- I DO NOT like the idea of
      changing to a weekday. There's no way either Michael
      or myself would be able to make it during a weekday.
      Kids have school, Michael has work.
      just my 2 cents,

      Also- if there's anyone else out there that isn't
      drinking- would you like to meet up for a meal along
      the route and then meet up with the drunken Santas?

      --- Lohr <stlouisburn@... > wrote:

      > It's time to start planning StLouis Santarchy 2007.
      > There has been lots of discussions in and around
      > bars about Santarchy. It's about time those
      > discussion made it to the internet.
      > Some people have made arguments for changing
      > the route of Santarchy, and of changing the
      > weekday away from a Saturday to a weekday.
      > What do you all think?
      > Unless some really good suggestions come out
      > to the contrary, it will be essentially the
      > same route, and it will be on Saturday Dec 9th.

      Sponsored Link

      $200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity -
      Click now for info http://yahoo.ratemarketplace.com

      Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
      – Alexander Hamilton
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic