1205Free Costume Classes

  • feyqueenmab
    Oct 6, 2010
      Attention Santas!

      I just wanted to remind everyone that I do have another round of Freaky Friday costume classes in the sewing machine department at Jackman's Fabrics.

      The classes are free, run from 10:30am to 12:30pm, and require no patterns. Costumers of all skill levels are welcome. No experience necessary! Some of these costume classes might be helpful for certain Santas, Elves, or Mrs. Clauses out there.

      Jackman's Fabrics is located on Lindbergh, between Page and Olive so it's nicely central. Our phone number is (314)994-1060. Ask for the Sewing Machine Department when you call to sign up! You will need to buy fabric, too, so if you can drop by to sign up we can give you the supply list.

      Our schedule for the remainder of October is as follows:
      October 8th: Easy Hooded Cloak. Would you believe that you can make an awesome hooded cloak in less than an hour with only two seams? Is your Santa costume a little bit skimpy for December weather? Warm up with an easy hooded cloak and keep the snow off, too!

      October 15th: Peasant Blouse/gown. Make a chemise for your bodice! Absolutely PERFECT for Mrs. Claus costumes, both traditional and somewhat naughtier... Make it long for an elf dress! This versatile garment is a snap to make and fun to wear. Perfect to wear with that new corset!

      October 22nd: Basic Tabard/Poncho. You'll be amazed at how versatile a rectangle with a hole in it can be! Make a medieval tabard, a southwestern Poncho, or a fun apron. Also brilliant for pinafores, and simple Santa-like gear!

      Anyone who signs up for class also gets my original hand-out explaining how to make each of these items. You may never need to buy another costume pattern again!