Upcoming Events

  • Tricia Overkamp
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2012
      Event 1:
      Titanic viewing with ocular devices!
      I would like to lead a party of brave adventurers to witness the plight of the Titanic in the third dimension! I propose a gathering on Saturday, April 14th.
      Gather in your best Titanic-era finery, or simply wear your finest time-traveler gear.
      I propose a visit to a lovely restaurant for dinner and then head over to a local theater for a showing of Titanic in 3D.

      I would like RSVPs for this, as I will want to warn the restaurant of our coming (and possibly secure special seating), and perhaps purchase tickets in advance. It will be a popular show, as the 14th is the 100 year anniversary of the Titanic's doom. Please let us know if you wish to participate.

      Suggestions: La Bonne Buchee is a lovely french cafe and most meals are under $12, plus they have exquisite pastries. They are closer to West Olive than Creve Coeur, but West Olive is not playing Titanic.

      Creve Coeur IS playing Titanic, at least they are at this time. I presume that the release of the film is meant to coincide with the anniversary, so I'm assuming that any theater playing it now will also be playing it on the 14th.

      We could also investigate south county, as Ronnies has the movie in IMAX 3D, which might be even more exciting! Ronnies also has unusual refreshments, including beer. I am not currently familiar with the eateries in that area, but am game to visit one of them if someone has a suggestion.

      Warning: 3D tickets run between 13-16 dollars. I think it will be well worth it.

      Event 2:
      Time Travelers visit to the Renaissance.
      Time to discuss our annual visit to the Renaissance! I will be unavailable for any of the Sunday dates, and I am likewise unavailable for Memorial Day weekend. Which Saturday suits the greatest number of people?
    • cynthianna3
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2012
        Sounds like fun! We really wish we could attend the Titanic evening, but we'll probably be at my Mom's in Ohio then. But we live very close to Ronnie's and I'll try to give you some restaurant suggestions.

        There is a 54th St. Grill (?) right next to Ronnies, a TGIFridays across the way from it, and a very good El Magueys Mexican in the plaza opposite Ronnie's Plaza. Bartolino's Italian is down S. Lindbergh a bit from there that might be a bit more classy than the aforementioned. There are tons of other fast food joints up and down from there, including a Waffle House on the corner if you're so inclined.

        The Renaissance event sounds cool. We're not sure what May will bring us as far as available dates yet. Keep us in the loop and if we're in the area, we'll try to join in.

        Happy steampunking!
        Cindy and Adrian

        Enjoy our latest video at: http://www.cindyamatthews.com

        --- In stleampunk@yahoogroups.com, Tricia Overkamp <tkoverkamp@...> wrote:

        > Event 1:Titanic viewing with ocular devices!I would like to lead a party of brave adventurers to witness the plight of the Titanic in the third dimension! I propose a gathering on Saturday, April 14th.Gather in your best Titanic-era finery, or simply wear your finest time-traveler gear.I propose a visit to a lovely restaurant for dinner and then head over to a local theater for a showing of Titanic in 3D.
        > I would like RSVPs for this, as I will want to warn the restaurant of our coming (and possibly secure special seating), and perhaps purchase tickets in advance. It will be a popular show, as the 14th is the 100 year anniversary of the Titanic's doom. Please let us know if you wish to participate.
        > Suggestions: La Bonne Buchee is a lovely french cafe and most meals are under $12, plus they have exquisite pastries. They are closer to West Olive than Creve Coeur, but West Olive is not playing Titanic.
        > Creve Coeur IS playing Titanic, at least they are at this time. I presume that the release of the film is meant to coincide with the anniversary, so I'm assuming that any theater playing it now will also be playing it on the 14th.
        > We could also investigate south county, as Ronnies has the movie in IMAX 3D, which might be even more exciting! Ronnies also has unusual refreshments, including beer. I am not currently familiar with the eateries in that area, but am game to visit one of them if someone has a suggestion.
        > Warning: 3D tickets run between 13-16 dollars. I think it will be well worth it.
        > Event 2:Time Travelers visit to the Renaissance.Time to discuss our annual visit to the Renaissance! I will be unavailable for any of the Sunday dates, and I am likewise unavailable for Memorial Day weekend. Which Saturday suits the greatest number of people?

      • Susan Bien