Join me for a sewing class

  • Tricia Overkamp
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2011
      Hey there! Sorry for the "spam" but I thought that these lists would appreciate the information!
      As most of you know, I work for Jackman's Fabrics on Lindbergh in St. Louis. Once a month I teach a free sewing class focusing on a particular technique. Our April class is this Saturday from 10:30-12:30, and we're making an eyelet lace Heirloom collar. The kit fee is $10, but the class itself is FREE. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO OWN A MACHINE to take any of our classes. Use *our* machines and learn the techniques!
      I have a few spaces left and I really like to fill my classes. The collar is actually for a baby or toddler, but the techniques are interesting and relevant to many kinds of costuming, from Fairytale costumes to Victorian or Steampunk attire. We'll be working in eyelet and with heirloom insertion lace.
      If a collar is not your kind of thing, stay tuned! We'll be doing my semi-famous Heirloom Handkerchief Bonnet class later this year (summertime, probably), and you can learn some different heirloom techniques and make yourself a decorated hankerchief!
      Feel free to visit our website and check out all the different classes that Jackman's offers.
      My free classes are only part of our ongoing free class series, so be sure to check out the Sewing Machine Department bulletins. Jackman's also has more elaborate classes with professional instructors for very reasonable prices. Click on the "Classes" flyer to learn more about it.
      I'll tell you that there are some really interesting heirloom classes coming up with our new teacher, and she's fabulous!
      Call Jackman's to sign up for any of the classes: (314)994-1060
      If you are closer to the Fairview Heights location, check out their schedules as well.
      --Tricia Overkamp