Steampunk Santarchists?

  • tkoverkamp
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2010
      I thought I would cross-post here about Santarchy. I know that some of you participate, but I wanted to spread the word.

      I did see a group in another city one year that had a bunch of steampunks join the Santarchy, in full steampunk gear. They each had a clockwork key on their backs, and were basically portraying WIND-UP TOYS!!!

      Anyway, if you have Santa/Elf/Etc gear (steampunk or not) you're more than welcome to join in on the fun. Also, I will likely join up at the beginning and leave before the group gets to Soulard. I am hosting an after-party affair at my home in Vinita Park, so if you started at the Loop, you'd be close by to come and sip cider and eat warm foods.

      Here is the information from the Santarchy list:

      THE DATE IS SATURDAY DECEMBER 11th, 2010

      HO HO uH-Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm
      telling you why: Santarchy is coming to town!

      It's time for St. Louis' own version of the time-honored tradition of
      Santarchy. "What is Santarchy?" you say? Santarchy is better experienced than
      explained, but I'll tell you this. All those with the affinity for the FrEaKy,
      the curiosity of the CrAzY are invited to get dressed up in a Santa Suit and
      join us in celebration of and/or protestation to the holiday season.

      Dress as your own inner Santa or whatever other holidayesque outfit you create
      and join us for an all day march all around St. Louis spreading holiday cheer
      and presents. Yes, presents too. If you come across the mob of Santas you will
      most likely leave with a gift. Previous gifts have included candy-canes, lumps
      of coal, mutant toys, vegetables, special prizes, and many other twisted gifts
      for the naughty and nice little boys and girls.

      Santas shall stomp, stumble and spit across the city while chanting, "You
      better Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch Out! You better Watch
      Out!..." Come rampage through the city. All are welcome.

      StL SANTARCHY
      December 11th, 2010

      University City
      11:30 Bar Cicero's
      12:30 Bar Blueberry Hill
      1:25 Metro Delmar -> Union Station Eastbound

      Union Station
      1:45 Bar Key West
      2:30 Bar Union Station Lobby Bar

      Locust Ave.
      3:30 Bar Tin Can, Downtown
      4:15 Bar El Borracho

      Washington Ave.
      5:00 Photo The City Museum
      5:45 Bar Lola
      6:30 Bar Flamingo Bowl

      Downtown
      7:15 Bar Jack Patrick's
      7:55 Photo Photo Op City Gardens
      8:42 Metro 8th & Pine -> Civic Center
      9:01 Bus #73 14th & Spruce -> 12th & Russell

      Soulard
      9:30 Bar Nadine's Gin Joint
      10:05 Bar The Shanti
      10:40 Bar 1860's Hardshell Cafe
      11:15 Bar Bar Molly's
      12:29 Bus Soulard Farmers Market/Broadway
      #30 Soulard -> Arsenal/Grand

      South Grand
      12:30 Bar CBGBs
      1:10 Bar Mangia Italiano