Amazon Drygoods going under- costuming carcass feast

  • Charles Gray
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2010
      The once glorious Amazon Vinegar & Pickling Works Drygoods is closing their beautiful catalogue permanently on September 1st of this year. As such, everything is HALF OFF (except for shoes, the phone consultant sighed).

      You would think that getting Amazons pickled might be lucrative... :(

      Patterns, books, clothing, CORSETS/hoops/boning (Aye, coquettes! Converge carnivorously upon the carnage), old-timey stuff and things (OMFGSTEREOSCOPEZ), and the pages of this thing go on like I wish I could.

      Quality Victoriana. I mean, for goodness sakes, they have 'Shock-Headed Peter' and make-your-own-shoes books, etc.

      I do apologize for not posting more than once here, but this is both lamentable and timely news I must pass on to my fellow steamlings. We now return you to your regularily scheduled lurking, already in progress.

      -Charles
    • Steve Swope
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2010
        Charles Gray wrote:

        > The once glorious Amazon Vinegar & Pickling Works Drygoods is closing
        > their beautiful catalogue permanently on September 1st of this year. As
        > such, everything is HALF OFF (except for shoes, the phone consultant
        > sighed).

        Do they have a web site? If so, would you please post the URL?

        Thanks!

        --

        Steve Swope (aka phierma@...)
      • avarice_cadaverous
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2010
          --- In stleampunk@yahoogroups.com, Charles Gray <avarice_cadaverous@...> wrote:

          > The once glorious Amazon Vinegar & Pickling Works Drygoods is closing their beautiful catalogue permanently on September 1st of this year. As such, everything is HALF OFF (except for shoes, the phone consultant sighed).
          >
          > You would think that getting Amazons pickled might be lucrative... :(
          >
          > Patterns, books, clothing, CORSETS/hoops/boning (Aye, coquettes! Converge carnivorously upon the carnage), old-timey stuff and things (OMFGSTEREOSCOPEZ), and the pages of this thing go on like I wish I could.
          >
          > Quality Victoriana. I mean, for goodness sakes, they have 'Shock-Headed Peter' and make-your-own-shoes books, etc.
          >
          > I do apologize for not posting more than once here, but this is both lamentable and timely news I must pass on to my fellow steamlings. We now return you to your regularily scheduled lurking, already in progress.
          >
          > -Charles

          Sorry, guys.

          It's http://www.amazondrygoods.com/ , though all orders seemingly go through the catalogue system. Antiquated system for antiquated stuff, I suppose. If you want to peruse through it, fling an email my way. I bet I could run some pages on the scanner.

          Got an abundant order in to them about a week ago, so we'll see if it is worthwhile.

          Also, got some of these, but not from there:

          http://www.mpja.com/images/18335.jpg

          Binocular-style Loupe (the one I got in town had 2 eyepieces, and 2 LED sets) to accompany the Novice Paraphysic.

          Should I scoop up a bunch of them for anyone?
        • A Grewe
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 19, 2010
            does anyone have any of their catalogs since they are going out of buisness it might be good to jump on the orders quickly?

            Penny Forthought