Upcoming events?

  • Tricia Overkamp
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009
      Conflation was a blast! I hope everyone had as good a time as I did!

      Now it is time to consider our upcoming dates and rendezvous.

      Suggestions:

      March 4th: Whoops! That's tomorrow!!!
      This is Dr. Steel's "Toy Soldiers Day". Darn. Too late to coordinate anything. Curses!

      March 13th:
      Friday the 13th, technically the Ides of March (I'd prefer this day since I have to work on Saturday and Sunday that weekend.)

      March 14th or 15th:
      Beware the Ides of March

      April 1: April Fool's Day
      It's a wednesday, but surely we could do something fun? In the evening, perhaps?

      April 11-12 or 25-26?
      Nothing in particular, but it could be a good weekend for something fun.

      Farther forward from that I cannot predict.

      Now, what to do?
      Tea and an undersea adventure: Since Diamond Anna's is now serving on Sundays, we could consider invading for Tea and then visiting the Aquarium next door like we planned last year.

      Museum Quality: Visit the History museum, maybe the Art museum, too? A big Forest Park jaunt? Perhaps we could rent a trolley or something to take us from spot to spot.

      Magic and mayhem: Visit Kirkwood's "THe Magic House" and perhaps also the Museum of Transportation?

      Speaking of museums, perhaps a day at the City Museum? Tea at the Botanical Gardens? A visit to Faust park?

      But wait, there's more:
      I'd love to have an airship battle/race/model contest/etc.

      We could also have a Mad Science gathering at a school or something similar.

      Thoughts? Recommendations? Offers to put together an outing?

      So far we have met more or less quarterly, but we needn't wait so long to wear our finery and swan about.

      I know that I'd love to revisit last year's Watergun War in the Park.

      Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.
    • A Grewe
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009
        March 13 is out 14-15 down with and either weekend in April works for me to do... any of the things listed... but most down with Faust Park, Forest Park and any the mad science/ compatition ideas.  I know you had also mentioned Union Station before which even if its a group of 4 I want to do in my steampunkiness:)

        Gale Wagner/Penny Forthought

      • drtoxik@accessus.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009
          one of the April weekends
          The Art Museum or aquarium or city museum.

        • joshua hart
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009
            You should call my wife, she used to do mad scince after school programs for aliving, they are located over on olive in north u city

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
              Hail, intrepid adventurers! What is on the agenda for this year?
              I plan to organize our annual time traveling expedition in May or June, plus the annual Mad Scientists' Tea at Archon on Friday afternoon. This year's theme for the tea is 20,000 leagues under the sea.

              I am also considering an outdoor excursion this summer. I will post about that soon.

              In other news, we have a Flickr group!
              Feel free to join up and add your photos of past, present, and future events!
            • Michelle Heitman
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
                Tricia (and everyone else, of course)

                Would there be any interest in creating a Steampunk event,
                of some kind, at Contamination in August?

                The web site for the Con is here.
                http://www.con-tamination.com/

                It's pretty bare, right now, as things are just getting underway,
                but this is our 4th Contamination, and the first three were a LOT
                of fun.

                Michelle and/or Fiondel (I answer to both)  :D