Looking for publishable images, Victorian Science Fiction Project

  • Terry Sofian
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2013
      The next book for my Victorian Science Fiction game is set on Venus. There are  a number of colonial powers exploring and exploiting that world. I'd like to have a large section of the sourcebook devtd to the Earth powers activities. These activities center first around the older International Settlement, a ramshackle frontier town which grew up around the place where the Victorian spacecraft land.  After the Great powers were more established this settlement became the slums pf the far more impressive International City. This would be a showplace of Earth power andprestige, designed to impress the Venusians, but also to impress the other Great Powers. There are museums, universities, opera house, banks, as well as very modern fortresses. The City will eventually house over a million people.

      Finally the Italians have a very impressive open pit mining operations with a company toen and fortifications as well.

      Venus in my imagination is a very cool and dry place, for the most part, with the houses of the rich having as much glass as possible. It never rains so that isn't an issue. The International City is by the ocean and sits astride a river.

      I can supply a lot more background for those interested.

      Hivequeenandcountry.com or

      I am looking for images of historical Victorian buildings and settings that will help illustrate the type of architecture that would be present. I don't have much (i.e. no) money so items in the public domain would be most welcome. If you own the copyright but would like to see them published you will, of course, get full credit for the images. I've done an OK job trolling wikimedia commons. I'd gladly trade links to my site, list organizations in the sources section of the book and perhaps give ad space if someone really helps me out. I will be publishing in full color.

      Thanks

      Terry Sofian