Re: Welcome to stilley@onelist.com

  • Jo Ann & Edward Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 1999
      Hello,

      My name is Jo Ann (Stilley) Curtis-Smith. I got your e-mail from the ONElist. I
      am very new to genealogy and would be very interested in any Stilley information
      you may have. I would also be more than happy to reciprocate with any information
      that I can provide to you.

      Please e-mail back and let me know what we need to do before we proceed.

      Thank you in advance for your time.
      Sincerely,

      Jo Ann (Stilley) Curtis-Smith

      stilley-owner@onelist.com wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Thank you for subscribing to Stilley Family Genealogy.
      >
      > If you ever wish to unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
      > www.onelist.com, and select the User Center link from the menu bar on the left.
      > This menu will also let you change your subscription between digest and normal
      > mode.
      >
      > If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at:
      >
      > stilley@...
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rick
    • Ginger
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 1999
        Dear Jo Ann,

        It's so good to hear from you. Who knows, we may be related!

        Anyway, my Stilley ancestor is Jerimiah Stilley. The family legend is he
        left home at about age 14 or 15 and went west on a wagon train with a
        Mormon family. He told the tale that he just missed the Mountain Meadow
        Massacre in Utah (by Mormons) because he had stayed with the family he had
        come out with for some time. He said he eventually went on to California
        and ended up in Washington near Steilacroom (where he claimed he worked
        with Hudson's Bay). He eventually married Mariah Evangeline Burr (daughter
        of folks who came west and whose father Solomon Burr had died on the way of
        cholera). I think Jerimiah's father was Tobias Stilley and his mother was
        Susan Bowles of Knox County, Ohio.

        Keep in touch. Check out www.familysearch.com and others.

        Your cousin?
        Ginger

        At 05:52 PM 11/15/99 -0700, you wrote:
        >From: Jo Ann & Edward Smith <j-esmith@...>
        >
        >Hello,
        >
        >My name is Jo Ann (Stilley) Curtis-Smith. I got your e-mail from the
        ONElist. I
        >am very new to genealogy and would be very interested in any Stilley
        information
        >you may have. I would also be more than happy to reciprocate with any
        information
        >that I can provide to you.
        >
        >Please e-mail back and let me know what we need to do before we proceed.
        >
        >Thank you in advance for your time.
        >Sincerely,
        >
        >Jo Ann (Stilley) Curtis-Smith
        >

        >stilley-owner@onelist.com wrote:
        >
        >> Hello,
        >>
        >> Thank you for subscribing to Stilley Family Genealogy.
        >>
        >> If you ever wish to unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web
        site, at
        >> www.onelist.com, and select the User Center link from the menu bar on
        the left.
        >> This menu will also let you change your subscription between digest and
        normal
        >> mode.
        >>
        >> If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at:
        >>
        >> stilley@...
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >> Rick

      • Rick Stilley
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 1999
          Hi Jo Ann,

          I am in the process of placing the Stilley geneology on the web. I am adding
          to it in my spare time so it's a bit of a slow process. You can view what I
          have at:

          http://home1.gte.net/stilley/genealogy/genealogy.htm

          I hope this helps. If you have any questions or are looking for someone in
          particular you can either use the search engine at:

          http://home1.gte.net/stilley/genealogy/history/history.htm

          or send me an email. I have quite a bit of documentation on my limb of the
          family and I will be happy to search through it to see if I can answer you
          question.

          Good luck,

          Rick