RE: [StickGame] spokane wa

  • Fred Hill
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hello Betty: I'm just sending out an understatement that appeared in our Umatilla Journal Sept.,issue. Apparently, our editor didn't realize the experience the members of the Nooksack Tribe have in stickgame. His caption for the picure that appears in the paper says "Nooksack visit to learn stick game"! What an understatement! I want to apologize for that statement. You people were such an inspiration and encouragement to all of us. We're still marveling at the "experience" that your youth have in hiding the bones and the songs they know, so there's no "inexperience" there. I'll send you a copy,and maybe you can write a letter to the editor to let him know how all this began, which was to share your knowledge and stickgame experience. Ok?! I'm not too pleased with his writing something like that without first consulting with either you or any one of us here. FH,Sr.
      E S <wes_etha@...> wrote:

      I'd like to thank Fred and the people of Umatilla for having us and taking good care of us! We all made it back in one piece.
      We are making plans for you and yours to come up for another match!! the kids are excited about a re-match and look forward to spending some more time with you guys.
      Thank you for a great time, it was the best time that I ever had away from my home.
      Looking forward to making this an annual occasion.
      Fred Hill <phredz_drumz03@...> wrote:
      Hey Ya'll, wow! we just had a great time here on the Umatilla Rez.,with the Nooksack Tribal Youth,a big thanks to Elizabeth"Betty"Swanaset and Lawrence Bailey and the whole crew for coming down. We did a traditional game and the rest were all for the Moolah. I'm really thankful that they had accepted our invitation to come here. We do wish to return the honor and travel up there and have a good ol' stickgame time with the Nooksacks. Once again,Betty & Lawrence, Thank you. PS we'll work on gathering more Pendletons to bring. Fred Hill Sr.

      Sylvia Desautel <sylvia.desautel@...> wrote:Yeah, Northern Quest (Airway Heights) is having their stickgame tournament
      this weekend. Open games tonight, tournament tomorrow.

        does any one know of stickgames in spokane wa this weekend?or any
        where else this weekend? looking for place to go.please if have any
        info. please send it to me.thank-you

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • thomas morningowl
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 2, 2004
          Hey there all,

          how much would it be to form a tribal school stick game league? This would be a inter-scholastic team event that would cost next to nothing....No capitol outlay for equipment i.e. Football pads, volly ball nets, etc. It would promote tribal culture and provide an opportunity for youth to participate in team activities... small cost for travel would be all,eh? We have a new tribal school here on the Umatilla rez but not a whole lot of money for sports.

          any thoughts?

          thomas

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 21, 2004
                  FOR YOUR INFORMATION. FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME TOURNEMENT
                  OCTOBER 22,23,24, 2004 OMAK LONG HOUSE TRADITIONAL GAMES
                  FRIDAY NIGHT AND TOURNEMENT SATURDAY AT FOUR OR FIVE P.M.
                  CONTACT CINDY ST. PAUL @BIM98841@... SHE HAS POSTERS
                  AND THE INFO. THANKS ALOT HOPE TO SEE YA'ALL THEIR. QUES'KAMEN