St. Nicholas Party

  • Julia Shields
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2011
      On December 8th is our St. Nicholas Party. It will be back in our regular room, room B. For this party we have a service project. The sevice project is filling socks with small toys and gifts for the local womens abuse shelter. Weve done this every year for the past five yrs or so. I just spoke to the woman in charge and she raved on and on about how thankful they are that we do this, they look forward to it every year and how much needed it is because they do not receive any other donations or stocking stuff for Christmas. Were the only ones, so they are so thankful and excited to receive this. What they needed this year in particular is childrens socks and underwear along with the gifts. She gave me a run down of the ages, theyre 8 women, and about 20 kids 8 definite girls and 4 definite boys and then a mixture that are not permanent but will be there through Christmas. The ages are a 9m old a 21m old about five 3- to 5 yr olds a few 8-9 yr olds a 15 yr old. thats ruffly the age groups we can shop for. Our suggestion is that you get the most bang for you buck at the dollar stores. Most of the things need to be able to.fit.inside large mens socks. Thats how we arrange them. Im sure if anyone feels called to.donate other things it would be glady accepted. Also we will be watching a movie on St. Nicholas. And please bring a snack and a drink. Thanks