Information on a sewing class

  • gina_bean1
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2011
      I recently made the acquaintance of a lovely woman who holds these classes in her home. She homeschooled her children and I just thought even though it would be a bit of a drive for some of you I would pass this information along.
      Have a wonderful day,
      Gina D

      I'm very proud to announce several of my recent students won ribbons at the Salem County 4-H Fair this summer! Emma won 5, from first place to honorable mention, and Becca and Katie won first and second place ribbons. See my website (www.LorisStitchingStudio.com) or my Facebook business page for pictures.

      Come celebrate National Sewing Month by learning to sew or improving your skills! Morning, afternoon, and evening classes are currently scheduling. Most classes will start mid- September and end before Thanksgiving. The hand sewing classes for ages 5 and up, run for 8 weeks, meet once a week for 1 1/2 hours, for a total of 10 hours. The cost is still $100.00 plus supplies. The machine classes for ages 8-adult and mother-daughter pairs, meet once a week for 2 hours for 10 weeks (20 hours total) and are $200.00 plus supplies.

      Classes available:
      Hand sewing 1 & 2: projects include a gingerbread man, puppet, frog pincushion
      Embroidery: decorated little tote bag, redwork embroidered square, name sampler
      Taste of Stitchery: try different skills such as crewel, needlepoint, stamped cross stitch, plastic canvas
      Hand Quilting: (8 and up) potholder, appliqued heart

      Machine Classes include:
      Beginner: pillow, sleepshirt, drawstring bag, skirt
      Level 2: apron, wrap-around skirt, zippered bag, patchwork stocking
      Level 3: pj pants, vest, tote bag, wallet
      Level 4: fleece blanket, quilted potholder, TV quilt, pillowcase
      Level 5: notebook cover, peasant dress, robe, purse
      Level 6: sewing caddy, reversible placemats, neckroll pillow with ruffle and piping
      Level 7: handbag, heart potholder, tablerunner
      Level 8: floor pillow, camp shirt, kitchen set
      Adult 1: pj pants, beside organizer, zippered bag, armchair caddy
      Adult 2: handbag, valance, alterations, neckroll pillow
      Adult 3: wallet, kitchen set, patchwork stocking
      Adult 4: robe, apron, alterations
      Mother-Daughter: combination of Beginner and Adult 1
      Quick Quilting: tablerunner or other small project

      Invite a friend and come join the fun at Lori's Stitching Studio! Call 856 358-8553 or email Lorizstudio@... for more details.

      Lori