Fw: Fw: Kathy Ann (Eline) Dominik, 1961-2013

  • Julia Shields
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      From: tmcsparran@... <tmcsparran@...>;
      To: <qteepie1983@...>;
      Subject: Fw: Kathy Ann (Eline) Dominik, 1961-2013
      Sent: Sat, Mar 30, 2013 4:54:45 PM

      Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

      -----Original message-----
      From: Mike Dominik <mikedominik@...>
      Sat, Mar 30, 2013 14:08:52 GMT+00:00
      Kathy Ann (Eline) Dominik, 1961-2013

      Dear family and friends, all of you caring supporters who are appreciated so much,

      It is with profound sadness that I must tell you that at 2am this morning, our Lord Jesus Christ called my wife Kathy Ann to her eternal salvation with Him in heaven. Despite our grief, we are grateful that these final weeks have been filled with great love, peace, and comfort. Kathy and I have been married for more than 29 years, and we would have reached 30 years in September, having been a couple together since we were 18 years old. This time is difficult for me, and my heart is broken; our children Matthew and Kirsten, along with our daughter-in-law Megan, and Kathy's mother, and sister Charlotte as a primary caregiver, are also greatly aggrieved this morning. We were together with Kathy during her last hours, and we prayed together for and with her. I am happy that on Wednesday this past week, Kathy had received the sacraments of Anointing of the Sick and Reconciliation, as well as holy Communion, from our parish pastor Father Hughes. As has been the case all throughout these past eight months of Kathy's illness, our faith and your prayers sustain us and give us strength. I have copied here a prayer from the Catholic.org group that seems to fit with this Holy Week in recognizing the pain and joy of Jesus' death and resurrection that our family also feels for Kathy Ann.

      God our Father,
      Your power brings us to birth,
      Your providence guides our lives,
      and by Your command we return to dust.

      In company with Christ,
      Who died and now lives,
      may they rejoice in Your kingdom,
      where all our tears are wiped away.
      Unite us together again in one family,
      to sing Your praise forever and ever.

      Tentative plans for services to share in memory and love for Kathy's life are as follows: viewing during the evening of Friday April 5 at Terranova Funeral Home in Haddon Heights NJ; there may also be a short viewing at Terranova during the morning of Saturday April 6. Later today there will be an obituary posting on their web site (http://www.terranovafuneralhome.com) where guest book entries can be made. Mass of Christian Burial is tentatively planned for 1230pm on Saturday April 6 at Holy Family Catholic Church in Sewell NJ, followed by services at St. Joseph's cemetery in Blackwood NJ. After these services, there will be a reception at our home for the remainder of the day and evening. Firm details will be posted and shared later.

      Once again I read the Book of Psalms to find comfort in grief. While my heart is broken today, and dark depths of sadness envelope me, I know that the Lord will heal all of us who grieve, and the promise of eternal salvation through the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ at Easter gives us hope and promise for reuniting with our loved ones. Psalm 147:3 (NIV), "He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds". Let us rejoice at Easter tomorrow, and let us find comfort in the love that Kathy Ann created in our world, the love between all of us who shared in her life, and let us forever nurture the love that she leaves behind.

      Tomorrow at Easter we sing, Alleluia! Alleluia! Jesus is risen, the Kingdom is come, and we greet the risen Lord along with choirs of angels. Today there is a new angel in heaven, Kathy Ann Dominik, to sing along with us. I will be looking toward heaven with a special view tomorrow at Church.

      We love you all,
      Michael and children Kirsten, Matthew and Megan