The Voice of the Martyrs 'Bound With Them' Conference on Saturday, March 3rd

  • sonja cox
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2012

      Greetings

      We are excited to bring The Voice of the Martyrs ‘Bound With Them’ Conference to your region on Saturday, March 3rd. You will be encouraged and challenged through testimony, God’s Word, and information that will stir and equip you for His eternal purposes.

      Speakers are:
      ·         Gracia Burnham - A militant Muslim group, the Abu Sayyaf, kidnapped Martin and Gracia Burnham, missionaries to the Philippines, on May 27, 2001. The Burnham’s were in captivity for 376 days. During an eventual rescue attempt by the Philippine Army on June 7, 2002, Martin was killed and Gracia was wounded. Her story is told in the books “In the Presence of My Enemies” and “To Fly Again.”
      ·         Dr. Daniel Scot was born and educated in Pakistan where he was a University Mathematics lecturer. He was the first Christian that had blasphemy charges brought against him under the 295c law in Pakistan. He went into hiding numerous times around the country for security reasons. He eventually found it necessary to flee Pakistan and now lives in Australia. He has been working among Muslims for over 40 years teaching about Islam from a Christian perspective in more than 50 nations.
      ·         Russell Stendal was raised on the mission field in Colombia, South America and became a missionary jungle pilot at age nineteen. Kidnapped in 1983 by Marxist rebels and held hostage for five months, his book, “Rescue the Captors” relates his experience. Russell’s work today in Colombia and surrounding countries includes radio stations, literature publishing and air drops (VOM parachute project) and more.
      ·         Darcie Gill has served with The Voice of the Martyrs since 1998. She has met with and served our persecuted brothers and sisters in China, Laos, Vietnam, Cuba, the Middle East, Indonesia, India, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Colombia and many other countries.
      ·         Robert Brock has been on staff with VOM for 18 years. He has ministered to the persecuted church in Nigeria, Egypt, Sudan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Vietnam, India, Myanmar, Bangladesh and many other countries.

      Conference is Saturday, March 3rd from 9AM – 5PM.
      Doors open at 8AM for registration, resource center (with books, DVDs, t-shirts, etc.), and prayer room.
      Lunch is noon – 1:30 on your own at area restaurants. A map will be available at registration.
      There is no cost to attend but an offering will be received.
      There will be no childcare.

      Host church and conference location:
      Calvary Chapel of Delaware County
      500 Brandywine Drive
      Chadds Ford, PA 19317

      A link for a map and directions to the host church can be found on the conference webpage www.vommeetings.com

      REGISTRATION
      To register, which is required, and for more information, visit www.vommeetings.com or you can also register by e-mailing your name, phone number, and the number attending conference@...

      CONFERENCE FLYER
      A conference flyer to post and distribute is on www.vommeetings.com or e-mail conference@... and I will e-mail you the flyer to make copies to post and distribute.

      Conference Speakers Available… some of the conference speakers are available to speak to your church or group Sunday, March 4th if you are within 1½ hours of Chadds Ford, PA area. E-mail mrose@... for more information.

      Here are a few responses from a recent VOM conference...
      §  This was a life-changing event for me.  I am so thankful I attended. Thank you for all of your efforts. N.
      §  I wanted to thank you for holding the conference this past weekend. While we have been receiving the VOM newsletter for the past few months and receiving emails, it hadn't hit us like seeing the people with our own eyes and hearing their stories. Thank you for the eternal impact you have made on our family. God bless you, R.
      §  First of all, let me say that I absolutely LOVED the conference today! What an amazing and inspiring experience. We have a lot to think about. Well done, VOM!  T.
      §  Thank you and all of the staff so much for a very memorable day. All the speakers had us captivated by their testimonies. Thank you again for such a wonderful and blessed day. God Bless, C.