STERNs in Vermont

  • fwhitney@xxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 1999
      This is my first posting to this list. I have two STERNs so far in my tree.
      Rebecca STERN, b. Hessen, came to US probably 1860's, married Robert SALOMON.
      First child Julia b. NY, 1869. By 1871 family is residing in West Burke, VT
      where Robert has store. Jacob, b. 1871, Bertha b. 1873, died 2 wks later, and
      Rosa, b. 1874. Robert Salomon d. 1898. Am now searching for what happened to
      Rebecca. Second Stern is Jacob, living in West Burke, VT same time, married to
      a Regina Salomon. Can't confirm yet but think sister and brother married brother
      and sister. Northeastern VT and Northern NH had goodly number of Jewish families
      in late 1800's and early 1900's.
      Rebecca would be my great grandfather's niece. Searching SALOMON, STERN, KUGLEMAN,
      BLOCH

      Fran Townsend