Re: [STERN] Digest Number 273

  • geoffrey aronson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2012
      My stepgrandfather was Albert Stern from Hungary. I don´t recall much about his family with the exception that
      he may have had a sibling that he had nothing to do with as she/he married someone out of the faith. But then again, I heard the story more than 40 years ago so it could have very well have been him telling me the story of his inlaw, my granduncle whom my grandmother and her other brothers refused to have anything to do with on the same account.

      Albert was married to my maternal grandmother, formerly Jean Lipschitz, renamed Lipton in the late 40´s for reasons that are obvious. Jean had arrived to the USA from Roumania when she was either 2, 3 or 5 years of age, depending on which version was told. She was born in 1900 or thereabouts. She was the oldest, and had 5 brothers, Samuel, Abraham are all I can recall.

      She married Samuel lipton in the early 20´s and had two daughters, my aunt Geraldine who died in 1960 and my mother Marilyn Jean.

      Albert was a manager of a warehouse in NYC and later came out of retirement at the insistence of my grandmother to work as a general manager for a skin tanning lotion startup company in Florida. does any of this sound familiar?

      Oh by the way they lived in Jackson Heights Queens, NYC until the early 70´s when they moved to next door for a year (in Mystic Connecticut) and then bored with country living and the lack of canasta partners, moved to Daytona Beach.

      Geoffrey E. Aronson

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
        Dear Geoffrey,

        I'm sorry, but there appears to be no connection between our respective families. Good luck in your searching.

        Neilan Stern

        Devoted to the Jewish surname STERN. Mostly genealogy, but any information on the surname is welcome. Please feel free to p Group
        1 New Message
        Digest #273
        1a
        Re: Fw: [Stern] STERN Nagyvard_Kaba_Transylvania by "dave_stern_az" dave_stern_az
        Message
        1a
        Re: Fw: [Stern] STERN Nagyvard_Kaba_Transylvania
        Sat Sep 1, 2012 8:34 am (PDT) . Posted by:
        "dave_stern_az" dave_stern_az
        I am researching STERN and ROTH in this area!

        --- In mailto:sternsurname%40yahoogroups.com, "hatam dedi" <hatam@...> wrote:

        > David Hatam
        > hatam@...
        >
        > Is there anyone in sternsurname who researches a Stern family from Hungary
        > and Transilvania, or all of you are from Germany or Russia?
        >
        > My Stern family is from Nagyvarad and Kaba, in east Hungary.
        > If someone's family is from Hungary, please let me know.
        >
        > Dedi

        Reply to sender . Reply to group . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (2) . Top ^
        Visit Your Group

        View All Topics

        Create New Topic

        1 New Members

        Submit Feedback

        The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog
        Check it out!

        GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE
        Be sure to read the Archives/old messages for years of info.

        Milt Botwinick is searching STERN in E. Prussia, [Latvia, Kurland & Walk], Philadelphia, NYC, Chicago, El Paso, DC, Wilmington, St. Louis.

        Botwinick@...

        CHANGE SETTINGS

        TERMS OF USE

        UNSUBSCRIBE

      • Anthony Stern
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2012
          Dear Geoffrey,
          Sorry to say there is no connection I know about, to our Sterns. Good luck in your research!

          Tony Stern

          To: sternsurname@yahoogroups.com