RE: [STERN] Re: The JewishGen Family Finder:

  • Anthony Stern
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2008
      Sorry, the combination of names doesn't ring a bell. My family seem to come from the Plock or Lodz area of Poland.

      Regards, Tony Stern

      To: sternsurname@yahoogroups.com
      From: miltone@...
      Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 18:08:24 -0400
      Subject: [STERN] Re: The JewishGen Family Finder:

      In a message dated 6/29/08 16:14:35, JGJGFF@... writes:

      > - From : (researcher code 340334)

      > - To : Milton E Botwinick, (researcher code 1426)

      > - Subject : The JewishGen Family Finder:

      > I believe my grandmother's maiden name was Dora Stern, sister to Joe, Anne

      > and another brother. She died around 1960. Might she be connected to your

      > family?

      > Hi

      Anne or Hannah was my gm sterns name. dont know of a joe in that generation

      but there was one in the previous gen. dont know of a dora.

      The family was in Latvia before entering usa around 1900. It is possible we

      are related but I dont know how. See my stern mailing list on yahoo groups.

      milt

      M E Botwinick

      Philadelphia

      http://hometown.aol.com/botwinick/

      Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for

      fuel-efficient used cars.