Re: The JewishGen Family Finder:

  • miltone@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2008
      In a message dated 6/29/08 16:14:35, JGJGFF@... writes:

      > - From : (researcher code 340334)
      > - To : Milton E Botwinick, (researcher code 1426)
      > - Subject : The JewishGen Family Finder:
      > I believe my grandmother's maiden name was Dora Stern, sister to Joe, Anne
      > and another brother. She died around 1960. Might she be connected to your
      > family?

      milt

      M E Botwinick
      Philadelphia
      http://hometown.aol.com/botwinick/

    • Anthony Stern
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2008
        Sorry, the combination of names doesn't ring a bell. My family seem to come from the Plock or Lodz area of Poland.

        Regards, Tony Stern

        To: sternsurname@yahoogroups.com
        From: miltone@...
        Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 18:08:24 -0400
        Subject: [STERN] Re: The JewishGen Family Finder:

        In a message dated 6/29/08 16:14:35, JGJGFF@... writes:

        > - From : (researcher code 340334)

        > - To : Milton E Botwinick, (researcher code 1426)

        > - Subject : The JewishGen Family Finder:

        > I believe my grandmother's maiden name was Dora Stern, sister to Joe, Anne

        > and another brother. She died around 1960. Might she be connected to your

        > family?

        > Hi

        Anne or Hannah was my gm sterns name. dont know of a joe in that generation

        but there was one in the previous gen. dont know of a dora.

        The family was in Latvia before entering usa around 1900. It is possible we

        are related but I dont know how. See my stern mailing list on yahoo groups.

        milt

        M E Botwinick

        Philadelphia

        http://hometown.aol.com/botwinick/

        Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for

        fuel-efficient used cars.