RE: [STERN] Search for info on Samuel C Stern, Mary Kraus, or Harold Orrie Stern

  • Anthony Stern
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2008
      Sorry. Can't help . As far as I know my family comes from Poland.
      Good luck in your research.

      Tony Stern

      To: sternsurname@yahoogroups.com
      From: dajobann@...
      Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:20:23 +0000
      Subject: [STERN] Search for info on Samuel C Stern, Mary Kraus, or Harold Orrie Stern

      Hello All,

      When I was eleven or twelve, I found out that my biological father was

      named Stern. I met him just once then and never did again. A man

      named Bannister had adopted me at birth hence my surname is not Stern.

      If any of you can supply any information based on the following, I

      would be most grateful. These are the individuals in my direct

      paternal bloodline. Some of you are most likely cousins--and not very

      distant cousins at that.

      Father:

      Harold "Orrie" Stern, DDS

      Born 1896, Cleveland, Ohio

      Graduated Western Reserve School of Dentistry 1916 or 1917

      Died 1976, Cleveland, Ohio

      Practiced dentistry on East 55th St, Cleveland until shortly before

      death

      His Father (My grandfather):

      Samuel C Stern

      Born January 4,1859, Csurgo, Hungary

      Emigrated to US in 1876, Departed Hamburg on "The Spain". Settled

      in Cleveland

      His Mother (My grandmother):

      Mary Kraus

      Born in Bohemia

      Dr Stern had two older brothers whose names I do not know.

      Can you help?

      Thanks for your efforts.

      David E Bannister

      (Currently retired and living in The Philippines)

    • David Bannister
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2008
        Thanks Tony. I appreciate your replying to my search. If you should
        happen to pick up any little tidbits that might lead to a connection
        for me, please let me know.
        David

        Anthony Stern wrote:
        "Sorry. Can't help . As far as I know my family comes from Poland.
        Good luck in your research."

        > To: sternsurname@yahoogroups.com
        > From: dajobann@...
        > Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:20:23 +0000