Search for info on Samuel C Stern, Mary Kraus, or Harold Orrie Stern

  • David Bannister
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2008
      Hello All,

      When I was eleven or twelve, I found out that my biological father was
      named Stern. I met him just once then and never did again. A man
      named Bannister had adopted me at birth hence my surname is not Stern.

      If any of you can supply any information based on the following, I
      would be most grateful. These are the individuals in my direct
      paternal bloodline. Some of you are most likely cousins--and not very
      distant cousins at that.

      Father:
      Harold "Orrie" Stern, DDS
      Born 1896, Cleveland, Ohio
      Graduated Western Reserve School of Dentistry 1916 or 1917
      Died 1976, Cleveland, Ohio
      Practiced dentistry on East 55th St, Cleveland until shortly before
      death

      His Father (My grandfather):
      Samuel C Stern
      Born January 4,1859, Csurgo, Hungary
      Emigrated to US in 1876, Departed Hamburg on "The Spain". Settled
      in Cleveland

      His Mother (My grandmother):
      Mary Kraus
      Born in Bohemia

      Dr Stern had two older brothers whose names I do not know.

      Can you help?

      Thanks for your efforts.

      David E Bannister
      (Currently retired and living in The Philippines)
    • Anthony Stern
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2008
        Sorry. Can't help . As far as I know my family comes from Poland.
        Good luck in your research.

        Tony Stern

        To: sternsurname@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2008
          Thanks Tony. I appreciate your replying to my search. If you should
          happen to pick up any little tidbits that might lead to a connection
          for me, please let me know.
          David

          Anthony Stern wrote:
          "Sorry. Can't help . As far as I know my family comes from Poland.
          Good luck in your research."

          > To: sternsurname@yahoogroups.com
          > From: dajobann@...
          > Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:20:23 +0000