Hintersteinau/Flieden STERN family related to Carl Laemmle

  • Hillary57
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
      While visiting my parents this past week, I found some genealogy notes
      that I took while my grandmother was still alive. I knew that we were
      related to Recha Stern from Flieden who married Carl Laemmle, but no
      one still alive could remember how. According to the notes I found,
      Recha (Regina)'s father was Loeb Stern (this agrees with some
      documents I've found on her brothers, Julius and Abraham), and Loeb
      Stern's brother, Asher Stern, was my great-great-grandfather.

      So, putting together all that I've found, it seems that there were at
      least three brothers in that STERN family: Loeb, Asher, and Samuel.
      It seems likely that Loeb is the one mentioned at
      http://www.alemannia-judaica.de/flieden_synagoge.htm , having a golden
      anniversary in 1924 with wife Malchen geb. Herzberger. Their children
      were Recha (Regina), Anna, Abraham, Julius, and maybe some others.

      Asher married Rosa STERN, who I think was from Bad Bruckenau. Their
      children were Regina, Markus, Adelheid, and Herman.

      Samuel came to the US and managed Continental Clothing in the midwest.

      I know that there are a few other people on this list researching this
      same family. Does this agree with what you've found? Do you have
      anything else to add?

      Thanks,
      Hillary Einziger
    • RallisW@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
        Dear Ms. Einziger

        I don't recognize the names you mentioned in your email. I'm very sorry but I
        don't therefore, have any information about them.

        I wish you success in your search.

        Rallis Wiesenthal

        Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.