birth location changes

  • Milton E Botwinick
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2008
      My STERN born 1830 t0 35 is playing games with me. In his documents
      he constantly changes his home country from Russia to Germany to
      Poland to Prussia etc. This is perfectly acceptable to me.

      What drives me crazy is that he changed the city of birth along the
      way too. When he first arrives in nyc around 1850 he lists his
      birthplace as Koningsberg. Around 1900 he decides that he was born in
      Kandava Latvia. Why on earth would he do that?

      Any ideas?
    • ph0ebus@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2008
        Hi all,
        I just joined this email list; I am Daniel Stern and I am researching the Stern family from Fulda, Germany and Lutter Germany (so far). I have been doing family research for some 20 or so years and have made little headway until recently. If anyone is also researching Sterns from Fulda or Lutter I would love to hear from you. If you have any questions for me, ask away!
        Sincerely,
        Daniel