Menachem/ Joseph in Chicago

  • Milton E Botwinick
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
      After staring at this list for a while another possibility hit me.
      My relative was named Menachem Joseph STERN. Perhaps he couldnt
      commit or the canvasser screwed up. Perhaps he switched from Joseph
      to Menachem and or used both names at the same time.

      This guy was from Europe and came ashore in 1870's? This is probably
      the only Menachem listing in the country at this time;maybe an odd
      Hebrew name was too much. Then again he was a notary so he must have
      known English.

      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      > There is a Joe Stern living with some of my Chicago relatives. I
      dont know who he is or who he married. This is out of the 18xx
      Chicago city directory, listings for him and my relative.