Aaron Stern in Chicago

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 2007
      I have some documents for an Aaron Stern who died in Chicago in 1929. He is
      not my Aaron Stern, but if he belongs to any of you I would be happy to send
      you the documents. They are will and probate documents. His executors were
      his children, Alfred Stern and Carolyn Stern Dreyfus.

      Sheri Prager
      California

    • Milton E Botwinick
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
        --- In sternsurname@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <iguana7slp@...> wrote:

        > I have some documents for an Aaron Stern who died in Chicago in
        1929. He is not my Aaron Stern, but if he belongs to any of you I
        would be happy to send you the documents.

        00000000000000000000

        I just got some new documents on my Aaron STERN born in 1830 Kandava
        Latvia died in 1904 Wash. DC. This guy is interesting to me because
        he is a civil war vet who spent his life in US government employ.

        New info is that he naturalized in St. Louis MO in 1863.
      • Milton E Botwinick
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
          --- In sternsurname@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <iguana7slp@...> wrote:

          I have no idea who Zisel Stern was, so I got her death
          > certificate. She died in 1939 and was born about 1888 in Slavita,
          Russia. She was married to Joseph Stern, who died before her. I don't
          know who he is either, but since Zisel was buried so close I have to
          assume she was related somehow.

          > Is anyone familiar with Joseph and Zisel? I can't find anything
          about them on ancestry.

          00000000000000000000000000

          There is a Joe Stern living with some of my Chicago relatives. I dont
          know who he is or who he married. This is some of the 18xx chicago
          city directory listings for him and my relatives.

          >72 Joseph, ins. agt., r 219 4th av.
          73 Manchan, notary public 219 4th ave
          74-75 Menochem Joseph, ins. solicitor, r 219 4th av.
          75-76 Menochem J. notary, 381 S. Jefferson
          76-77 Menochem J. notary, board, 381 S. Jefferson
          76-77 Jose h ins. agt. board, 381 S. Jefferson
          77-78 Menochem J. notary, board, 377 S. Jefferson
          77-78 Jose h ins. agt. board, 377 S. Jefferson
          79 Menochem J. liquors, board, 4117 S Halsted
          81 Joseph M, furniture, 390 State, h 150 4th av.
          81 Menochem J.[Bernstein & Stern], 390 State, h 150 4th av.
          80 Menochem J, saloon, 381 S. Jefferson
        • Milton E Botwinick
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
            After staring at this list for a while another possibility hit me.
            My relative was named Menachem Joseph STERN. Perhaps he couldnt
            commit or the canvasser screwed up. Perhaps he switched from Joseph
            to Menachem and or used both names at the same time.

            This guy was from Europe and came ashore in 1870's? This is probably
            the only Menachem listing in the country at this time;maybe an odd
            Hebrew name was too much. Then again he was a notary so he must have
            known English.

            oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

            > There is a Joe Stern living with some of my Chicago relatives. I
            dont know who he is or who he married. This is out of the 18xx