Israel and Hannah STERN, Cincinnati, 1880

  • botwinick59@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      2. Israel and Hannah STERN, Cincinnati, 1880

      Subject: Israel and Hannah STERN, Cincinnati, 1880
      From: Johanna Voss <joh@...>
      Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 08:34:38 +0200

      Hello GerSig,
      I need your help.
      I am searching for Israel STERN and his family, who emigrated to the
      United States some time between 1852 and 1857.
      Now I found a record of the United States Census of 1880 , where a
      Israel STERN appears, who might be the one, I am looking for.

      This is what I found in the record:

      Israel STERN, born 1824 in Germany (birthdate matches)
      Hannah STERN, born 1842 in Germany (name of his wife is different, but
      perhaps his 1st wife died.)
      children:
      Kauffman STERN, born 1854 in Germany (name of son matches; he also is
      to old to be Hannahs son)
      Isabelle STERN born 1861, Ohio
      Josephine STERN born 1864, Indiana
      Chas STERN born 1868, Ohio
      Louis STERN born 1874, Ohio
      Eddie STERN born 1877, Ohio

      In 1880 the family lived in Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio

      This is what I know about "my" Israel STERN:

      Israel STERN, born February- 10-1824 in Stammheim/ Hesse
      son of Kaufmann and Jachet STERN

      married Betta Meier (Meyer) born 1834 in Altenstadt/Hesse
      children: Kaufmann, born 1853 in Altenstadt - Saara, born 1857 in Altenstadt

      Israel STERN probably was a butcher

      about his emigration I have two contradictory informations:
      1. He and his family emigrated in 1852
      2. They moved away in 1857

      Does anybody of you know something about this STERN family or is
      related to them?
      Or can help me to find out more about the family in Cinncinati?
      I will be grateful for any advice or information. Kind regards,

      Johanna Voss Florstadt /Hesse, Germany

      Searching for: STERN, CASSEL, BECKER, HESSENBERGER, KAHN, REISS and
      others from Stammheim and Staden /Hesse
      I am working on a publication about the Jewish families of this two villages.

      Milton E. Botwinick [professional genealogist] botwinick@...
      botwinick@... MEBotwinick@...
      http://hometown.aol.com/botwinick/myhomepage/index.html