romania

  • botwinick@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2004
      Subject: STERN - Romania - Chicago
      From: <A HREF="mailto:DAGAG123@...">DAGAG123@...</A>
      Newsgroups: <A HREF="news:soc.genealogy.jewish">soc.genealogy.jewish</A>

      We are trying to locate the family of my grandfather's cousin, Sophie/Sophia
      Stern.
      The little information I have is that she originated from Botosani, Romania
      and left
      approximately 1906 to the US.

      In 1936 or 1938 my father remembers his father receiving a beautiful Rosh
      Hashanah
      card with the return address of Pine Grove Ave., Chicago, IL

      Sophia may have been married to Isadore and may have had two children named
      Joseph
      and either Lillie or Celia. Joseph and Lillie/Celia would have been born
      approximately
      1903-1907.

      I have e-mailed all the Sterns listed on family finder, and have searched the
      census,
      Ellis Island, and the Chicago Historical Society. Have also checked the
      Social Security
      Deaths index. I would welcome any suggestion on how to further continue my
      search
      as I am beginning to feel as though I've gone as far as I can.

      Best wishes,
      Desiree Gil
      Boston, MA
      ---