My STERNs from Poland; PLEASE contact me if any names are familiar!!

  • sfl770
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2004
      It's been a few years since I last posted a message re my family's
      STERNs.

      I haven't received replies in the past, but I'm optimistic and
      hopeful that listers will contact me if any names are familiar.

      Thank you!!!

      My late maternal grandfather, Lazare/Laizer/Eliezer Simcha STERN,
      a"h, hardly ever spoke about his family or life in Poland, and I was
      young when he passed away.

      Not many relatives alive today have (m)any of the answers to my
      questions.

      My grandfather, a"h, was born in Goworowo, Poland, where his
      maternal grandfather was rav (rabbi). I have no idea where his
      parents Yaakov Zilhah/Yankel, a"h, and Tontse, nee KLEPFISZ, a"h,
      were born, married, passed away.

      I know that his brother, Yitzchok Dovid, a"h, was born in Wyszkow,
      Poland, and immigrated to Montreal, as did my grandfather.

      I am in contact with their descendants.

      One sister, Chaya Faiga, Hy"d, perished in WW2. She married Kohen,
      and I am in contact with their descendants. (I don't know where in
      Poland she was born.)

      One sister, Rochel, a"h, married Birenbaum, and I am in contact with
      their descendants. (I don't know where in Poland she was born.)

      One brother, Solomon/Sol/Shloime, a"h, married Stella Bloomstone,
      a"h. They immigrated to Montreal from ? in Poland. At some point
      (nobody seems to know when), they moved from Montreal to New York.
      (I don't know where in Poland he was born, either.)

      Looking forward to replies,

      Sarah Lasry
      Montreal, Canada