Re: [Stern] STERN family of Bingen, Soest and Frankfurt am Main

  • genealicej@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2001
      In a message dated 25/3/01 2:54:09 pm, dotcox@... writes:

      << Somehow you ended up on my server, have you in your researching found that
      the name Stern changed to Starr. I had this brought to my attention by a
      relative that I should be looking for Stern and not Starr? >>

      Yes, part of my family changed their name from STERN to STARR probably in
      either Louisville, Kentucky or Portsmouth, Ohio. You can see them on my
      genealogy site at

      I think it was quite a common name change both of Jewish and non Jewish

      Alice Josephs
      United Kingdom