Re: [Stern] STERN family of Bingen, Soest and Frankfurt am Main

  • Dorothy Cox
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2001
      Hello Alice...I would be interested in reading this..I am still looking for
      Hiram Starr possibly name changed to Stern or from Stern to Starr??
      ..Dorothy Cox Oddly there are few Starr names in the Jewish site..puzzling
      as I am sure Emma Starr was of Jewish origin.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 25, 2001
        Somehow you ended up on my server, have you in your researching found that
        the name Stern changed to Starr. I had this brought to my attention by a
        relative that I should be looking for Stern and not Starr?
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 25, 2001
          In a message dated 25/3/01 2:54:09 pm, dotcox@... writes:

          << Somehow you ended up on my server, have you in your researching found that
          the name Stern changed to Starr. I had this brought to my attention by a
          relative that I should be looking for Stern and not Starr? >>

          Yes, part of my family changed their name from STERN to STARR probably in
          either Louisville, Kentucky or Portsmouth, Ohio. You can see them on my
          genealogy site at
          http://members.tripod.co.uk/AliceJosephs/INDEX.HTM

          I think it was quite a common name change both of Jewish and non Jewish
          families.

          Alice Josephs
          United Kingdom