Re: [Stern] Stern/Starr

  • matthew mannlein
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2001
      Sorry, Dorothy,
      I don't think so. My Sterns come from what is now Ukraine--my father
      called it Ruthenia--languages spoken were Ukrainian, Ruthenian, Polish,
      Yiddish, and German--depending on ethnicity and political control. As
      far as we know my dad was the first Stern to come to the US directly from
      Europe.
      Barb Mannlein
      Tucson, AZ

      On Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:35:27 -0500 "Dorothy Cox" <dotcox@...>
      writes:
      > Our grandmother was Emma Starr..born in Dunkirk in 1856, Chautauqua
      > County, NY and her father was Hiram Stern Not sure of the spelling
      > of his name, married into our family and we know very little about
      > her...is she related to any of your Stern's...Dorothy Cox,
      > Peterborough, Canada

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.